Designer H2O.aiMountain View, California, US
Senior Visual Designer
H2O.ai is the leader in AI with its visionary open source platform, H2O, which has transformed the use of AI within all software with its category-creating visionary open source machine learning movement. Our latest release, Driverless AI uses AI to do AI in order to provide an easier, faster and cheaper means of implementing data science. More than 12,600 companies use open-source H2O in mission-critical use cases for Finance, Insurance, Healthcare, Retail, Telco, Sales, and Marketing.
As a Senior Visual Designer at H2O.ai, your main responsibility will be to create visual design systems that can be used across multiple products to improve, enhance, and beautify the user interfaces of H2O.ai’s product line. Secondarily, you will work closely with a design manager, UX designers, and software engineers to prototype, iterate, and integrate your designs into the product development process.
- Understand H2O.ai’s brand, product, and users and produce beautiful, high quality, user-centric user interfaces for a variety of screen sizes.
- Collaborate with user experience designers to turn wireframes and concepts into beautifully crafted designs.
- Collaborate with user interface engineers to turn your designs into living interfaces.
- Develop design languages, pattern libraries, style guides and supporting collateral that can be applied across a suite of products.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of design languages and style guides.
- Integrate human-computer interaction and human perception design principles into your work.
- Design functional and accurate data visualizations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Portfolio of work. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Experience with interactive data visualization or visual analytics (as opposed to marketing/advertising graphics) and/or design for data analytics.
- Experience building visual design systems.
- Expertise with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or similar tools
- Competency with HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of color theory, typography, and practiced in their use.
- Interest in working on highly technical machine learning/AI applications.
- Experience working on enterprise applications.
- Software development experience, especially front-end dev or UX engineering
Qualified candidates will be invited to make a presentation to the H2O.ai design team, as well as one-on-one interviews.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits for employees and their dependents.
- Flexible work hours and time off.
- Lunch and dinner catered every day.
Location: This position is onsite in Mountain View.
H2O.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.