Designer HarrimanSteelLondon, England, GB
Overview of role:
We are currently looking for an ambitious and creative designer that has the ability to realise their thinking with attention to detail and real craft. You will need to stretch across a broad selection of disciplines with global and local clients.
You will be a true 360º thinker, where you will come up with a core thought that can stretch across multiple channels and outputs – from creative strategy, retail interiors, web design, branding and event design. You will join a close knit team of passionate and creative individuals and will be expected to deliver best in class work, marrying craft with concept in equal measure.
Your principal responsibilities of this position will include graphic design. You will liaise with Account Managers and be reporting to the Creative Leads and Executive Creative Directors and enjoy a collaborative approach to design.
The ideal candidate will have a strong artistic ability coupled with a desire to learn, develop and advance her/his skills in retail and digital design.
The role is varied – no project is ever the same, so a flexible attitude and point of view is essential as well as can do, hands-on attitude. A strong work ethic is essential and applicants must be able to travel to Amsterdam, to work in our sister studio if required.
- Design degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years agency (or similar) experience, working with lifestyle & cultural clients
- Good writing ability, to articulate your thinking in English
- Conceptual visualization (sketching & illustrative skills a bonus)
- Must be confident switching from digital thinking to 3D environments
- A keen eye for detail in design terms (graphics/typography)
- Proven artworking and production experience
- We also expect you to have solid knowledge of all the major Adobe creative suite programs and to have sound experience and knowledge of Sketch-up, any render software experience would be a bonus
- To be up-to-date on all the latest digital communications and social media trends and technology innovations
- The chance to collaborate with a broad team of creative in our growing studio and to apply your talent to the myriad of work
- Real opportunity to own and grow your talents within a highly creative business
- Chance to work in both the London and Amsterdam offices
- Our clients are global, this job will include periodic travel abroad (an up-to-date passport is required).
Start date: ASAP
This role is for a 12 month fixed term contract, with the option to roll over. Salary dependent on experience + 20 days holiday not including bank holidays and the Christmas period, which is decided on an ad-hoc basis.
To apply, please email an up to date CV with a PDF/website link of relevant work examples to: hello(at)harrimansteel.co.uk
Thank You & Good Luck.