Designer Heinemann Asia Pacific PTE LtdSingapore, Central Singapore, SG
Heinemann Asia Pacific PTE Ltd
We are the Asia Pacific regional headquarters of a leading global travel retail company. Our group has 137 years of experience in international Duty Free & Travel Retail. We globally operate over 230 stores at 125 airports in 47 countries.
Under the guidance of the Project & Design Manager, assist in the design and oversee new store concept designs or adaptation of the Heinemann brand to local environments:
- Work closely with the Project & Design Manager.
- Work with the other departments such as Business Development, Purchasing and Operations team to understand the needs of the local markets and utilizing the various consumer and market research.
- Based on this research, produce cutting edge store concept design ideas and accompanying visuals.
- Co-ordination and enforcement of Heinemann’s requirements with the designers/architects of high-quality brands.
- Assist in Briefing, appointing and co-ordinating of external design agencies and architects for various stages of design; concept designs and design development.
- In-charge of production of tender documentation, relating to design, for international bids as and when required.
- Ability to design store layouts, elevations & fixtures for small to medium scale retail projects.
- Further development, adaptation and optimization of completed store concepts
- To assist in creating and maintaining standards and guidelines for the various concepts & completed projects (Brand identity, design drawings, fixture library etc)
Under the guidance of the Project & Design Manager, ensure the smooth delivery of store construction projects across the Asia Pacific Region through efficient planning and project management:
- Assist in managing small to medium scale international construction projects from conception to completion.
- Assist in overseeing tender processes, award of designers, consultancy firms, vendors and contractors.
- Contract negotiations with contractors and contract preparation
- To liaise with landlords and landlord’s consultants to deliver a project according to the landlord’s fit out guidelines and Heinemann’s approved plans.
- Scheduling design & construction projects to meet required timescales.
- Assist On & off-site project management of construction projects
Professional competence / qualifications:
- Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related studies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferably in the Retail environment
- Computer Software:
- CAD Programs (AutoCad etc)
- Advanced Sketch Up & 3ds Max user preferred (3D Modeling of irregular and organic shapes is a plus)
- Vray for Sketchup/3ds Max (Strong rendering background)
- Photo Shop (Post-processing of Renders)
- Power Point
- Hand sketching & manual rendering skills is a plus
- Excellent English (written and verbal communication skills)
- Experience in managing and controlling of external agencies
- Strong Spatial understanding
- Willingness to travel within Asia Pacific
- Must be a Quick learner
- High degree of Independence
- Must have good Problem solving skills
- Must be Assertive and flexible
- Ability to cooperate and work under pressure
- Task-related flexibility
- Ability to work unsupervised but also part of a team
- Must be Dedicated, Hardworking and with Strong Commitment