Designer Heist StudiosClerkenwell, London, England, GB
At Heist, we believe underwear can be an instrument of progress. While many industries understand our era’s desire for autonomy, choice and freedom, women’s underwear has lagged behind. Effectively, all women are living in underwear inadequate to their time.
We believe that radical innovation in underwear design can ensure that every woman, every day, is living in underwear that allows her to progress in the way that she demands in every other area of her life. That’s why our designs are built on an understanding of how bodies move, not just how they look.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane wardrobe staple, a pair of tights, into a product that redefines superiority in comfort and fit for every female body. We’re now using polymer physics, computational engineering models and 3D knitwear to reinvent the rest of underwear.
We may be only two years old, but it’s already been quite a ride. Our first range reinvented the humble pair of tights, delivering 30% month-on-month growth and propelling us into the pages of almost every major European publication. We’re backed by some of the biggest investors in fashion and technology, and on a busy day, we can sell a pair of tights every 15 seconds. Even our tube adverts caused a scandal. Most importantly, we have tens of thousands of customers who genuinely love Heist and the products we develop and ship around the world. We are continually growing and creating a creative brand that not just looks good, but also tell a story.
As Designer, you will work on a range of tasks from designing emails and banners to advertising, across both digital and print. You will be a key member of our growing in-house Creative team.
Being more specific, you will:
- Take ownership of design projects across multiple platforms both online and offline, including but not limited to display, banner, print and OOH advertising, email and organic social
- Provide final artwork across a wide range of projects, from print advertising through to display ads and social posts; this will include repurposing of existing assets
- Work with Art Director to support the creation of conceptual designs for new design projects, including new products and packaging
- Work with external partners and agencies as Heist continues to grow
We firmly believe extraordinary people come from a wide range of backgrounds, but we would expect that you have:
- Advanced knowledge of studio software, including Adobe Creative Suite InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and skills in all other Creative Suite programmes
- A brilliant understanding of typography and layout and a good understanding of the print process
- Thorough understanding of asset supply requirements across all media disciplines
- The ability to work collaboratively within a creative team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- An excellent eye and passion for design – we’re looking for someone who has endless creativity!
- An awareness of current design trends
- Creative agency experience is desirable
We are a diverse bunch of people at Heist. That said, there are some characteristics we always look for:
- You deeply care about Heist’s mission; you have a desire to build something iconic, that will disrupt an industry, and women’s lives.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re ‘getting stuff done’.
- You’re open, positive & straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You delight in your colleagues’ successes and thrive on your failures; you grasp any opportunity for learning and constantly seek to improve.