Designer Hero DigitalSan Francisco, California, US
As a Visual Designer, you will be working alongside a cross-disciplinary team of digital design professionals with a passion for elegant, purposeful, modern design. Hero is a pioneer of experience design methodologies, which means we believe that designers have a significant voice at the table in defining any successful digital initiative. As a team member, you will be collaborating with client services; project management, strategy, engineering, and the creative leadership team, to develop original design concepts, and help deliver from concept to launch.
What You'll Do:
- Develop innovative visual designs, screen layouts, navigation systems, interaction models, visual prototypes, user interface elements, typography and color palettes.
- Work within the constraints of existing brand identity systems.
- Create clean, effective design solutions for both simple and complex user tasks.
- Work in a fast-paced development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount.
- Produce development-ready assets, delivering red-lined source files and assisting creative leads with additional production tasks.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams, working with project management and engineering to implement designs into technology.
- Work on client projects, internal initiatives and new business pitches.
- Have the ability to work in tandem with others in order to problem solve and find effective solutions.
- Have a general appreciation for user experience design and can share the latest learning and inspiration you have acquired, build your personal network and contribute to the Hero brand by representing it in the creative community.
- Mentor more junior designers and play an active role in our office culture.
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience designing outstanding responsive websites, mobile applications and/or other digital experiences.
- You are able to work on up to 2-3 projects concurrently.
- Can build clean, effective and innovative visual design systems across devices and media types.
- Strong up-to-date body of work and ambitious online portfolio website that clearly articulates your role in the projects.
- Expert knowledge in graphic design principles, with a strong emphasis on UI, UX, and web standards.
- Experience designing purchase flow optimization and transaction flows is a big plus.
- Have a thorough understanding of trends for B2B, B2C and B2E marketing communications.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital product design principles, including mobile standards, systems design, and agile development methodologies.
- Awareness of accessibility standards and standard methodologies.
- Experience designing and/or conceptualizing design for big brands.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to make appropriate trade-offs to meet time constraints.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience presenting is a plus.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile and atomic design a strong plus.
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS and excited to use the latest prototyping tools, including InVision, Marvel, Principle and Hype.
- Possess a degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, interaction design, or other relevant experience.
Who We Are
We are building the leading independent customer experience agency in North America. We partner with brands on their biggest opportunities, driving their growth through a relentless focus on the customer. Hero Digital helps turn vision into reality—crafting iconic experiences, and building customer loyalty. Led by the experts in strategy, marketing, data, design, and technology, we work in lean teams who focus on solving client problems and delivering results at market speed. As a trusted advisor to the world’s best brands, we have created experiences that have defined companies like Western Digital, Sephora, Salesforce, and Aramark.
Do you share the values that set our company apart?
We are expanding our team of humble and hardworking people who share the qualities we believe in. We seek those who are genuine, entrepreneurial, collaborative, nimble, and dedicated.
As an entrepreneurial firm, we celebrate leaders at all levels who take risks and make magic happen. We believe in warm, direct, and genuine communications with our clients and with each other. As a collaborative company, we believe that no one will be as successful alone as the team will be when working together. Being nimble in our approach makes our work more fun and our customers happier. We are dedicated to our goals. The commitment we make to our work is the source of our pride and the basis of our reputation.
Finally, we believe that diverse teams make innovation possible and that it is a business imperative to build a company reflecting the world we live in today. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.