Designer HunchLondon, England, GB
Hunch is a strategic innovation practice. We work with the world’s leading companies on tomorrow’s big challenges.
We set up the business to address game-changing agendas in big service sectors, not propositional tweaks or incremental service improvements. Our clients look beyond near-term performance metrics, focusing instead on building the disruptive businesses of tomorrow.
As you’d expect, our team and innovation model reflect the seriousness of this ambition. Our practice brings together high performers from strategy consulting, creative agencies, start-ups and world-class corporates. We value intellectual curiosity as much as entrepreneurial conviction, great storytelling as much as sharp commercial acumen. We’re building an eclectic practice of #humblesuperstars.
You’ve got extensive experience as a designer in agency and client environments, but now you’re ready for something new. You want to work in a small, growing practice with a varied workload, where you can really make your mark and drive design across all aspects of the business. You want responsibility and need unleashing, not managing. You want to flex muscles across the design spectrum, developing new skills and setting higher expectations in the business. You’re passionate about creativity and disruption and want to apply your design skills across a bigger and broader mandate.
Our Head of Design is the in-house design authority in our growing innovation practice – shaping every aspect of the way Hunch looks & feels. We want design to play an increasingly important role in the way we operate – raising the game on client projects and deliverables, transforming the way we consider design internally and re-imagining the way we present ourselves to the world. It’s a big job.
- Our Design Authority. We’re an expanding practice, combining strategic know-how with authentic flair, gelled together by an eclectic mix of talented individuals. You will be the go-to design authority within the business, educating non-designers and holding us to account to put design at the heart of our innovation model.
- Creating inspired business outputs. Our market-leading, innovative insights currently don’t carry the visual clout they deserve. Client projects need to be as beautiful as they are commercially and strategically compelling. You’ll work with consulting teams to make this happen. (This does mean you need to be comfortable working in PowerPoint, not just Adobe tools)
- Art Direction. You will conceive and deliver all Hunch go-to-market materials, from website art direction across podcasts, videos, print materials and events. You’ll cultivate and nurture the public image of Hunch, from our website design through to the creation of cinematography and creative imaging.
- Illustration. You’ll be a skilled illustrator, creating visual stories to complement and represent the work that we do, emotionally connecting with our audience in our unique tone of voice. If you can animate, even better.
- Realise your potential as a designer. Draw upon the breadth of your experience across graphic, visual and UX design, combined with your talents for storytelling through illustration and film. Join a practice where you will be able to grow and express your abilities, in an environment where your work will thrive and make a huge impact
- 6+ years’ agency/consultancy experience
- An appetite to own a broad range of design responsibilities – across visual design, graphic design, media production, editorial and more
- Digital and editorial skills, sufficient to shape, improve and own digital and print assets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Skilled and comfortable working as a presentation designer within MS PowerPoint
- Solid Adobe Creative Cloud skills – especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership skills within multi-functional teams to bring out the best in our projects
- A mix of editorial, brand and digital work in your portfolio
- Previous experience working in or with professional services firms
- Film, photography and cinematography skills (desired)
- Able to think & lead on your feet
- A natural, confident leader
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work without much direct oversight
- Passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Hungry to succeed and to build a business together
- Experienced working on high-pressure challenges within a high-performing team
Benefits of joining Hunch
Uncovering fresh opportunity requires a different approach, and we’ve applied this philosophy to our benefits package too. These benefits include:
Play a foundational role in scaling a game-changing innovation practice
9/80 work schedule (every second Friday off), meaning you have a great work/life balance
24 days’ holiday
Market-leading profit share programme
Pension scheme (contributory)
Personal development fund, to invest in yourself
Cycle to work scheme
If we sound like the kind of company you want to be a part of, and you think this position is for you, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch with a CV and some examples of your work, sending them directly to email address.