Designer IdeanHelsinki, Uusimaa, FI
If you are a Visual Designer with UX design experience, a great visual eye and passion for thinking with your hands we have a place for you in our Helsinki studio!
We’re looking for driven and ambitious creative professionals who value and demand great craftsmanship. In this Visual Designer role you will combine designing some of the bravest products and services that our clients have ever launched with helping us to further develop our awesome team of designers and design offer.
As a member of the design team, you’ll help grow our culture, coach and inspire others to aim high. You will also work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. Delivering what you promise and exceeding expectations mean a lot to you. Your passion is to create the wow-effect and you feel comfortable producing multiple designs for different platforms and devices.You enjoy working as part of diverse teams, but you can also take responsibility independently.
You understand the importance of user experience and visual design in developing new products and services. You’re familiar with user-centric design processes on a practical level, and with your visual design skills you can bring new concepts into life. You can support our service designers in gathering insights and producing reports for clients.
We're looking for people who care about their work and people they work with.
We want you to be proud of the things you design and develop.
- Preferably 2+ years experience in Visual Design and/or UX Design
- Experience of designing mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- Ability to think abstract and concretise it visually
- User-centric mindset
- Systematic thinking skills, but at the same time great attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Diverse visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms & devices
- Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices
- Ability to craft clear and functional style guides for clients’ products and services that other design team members and our clients can utilize and follow
- Proficiency to conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions with internal design team members or with client to define visual design direction
- Passion for new technologies and hunger to innovate
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and client service mindset
- Ability to successfully work with various projects and clients at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, preferably also in Finnish
- Willingness to travel and work at client’s premises
- Developer capabilities
- Motion design
- 3D capabilities
- Copywriting skills
- Competitive salary
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- Inspiring career paths and support for personal development
- Opportunity to travel and work in other Idean studios
- Beautiful office space in Lauttasaari with our own sauna!
- Your preferred working tools
- Home Internet connection
- A comprehensive health and wellness program, including leisure-time accident insurance and childcare for sick child
- Lunch & recreational benefits
- Weekly team breakfasts
- …and multiple other cool benefits
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
We’re a team of 50+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers here in Finland, and part of a global network of studios. We help in building design systems, scaling design thinking and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in UX, visual design, service design and UI development. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks and easily adapt to constantly changing situations.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.