Designer ImperoWapping, London, England, GB
We’re an independent, award-winning, creative agency that’s sole purpose is to make tired brands famous again. We’re multi-disciplined but our hearts lie in digital. We work with high profile brands such as Beefeater Gin, Havana Club, Ugg, Lindt Chocolate, Kingston, 7Up and a bunch of others. Right now, there’s about 38 of us (plus 6 rotating office dogs) — but that number grows all the time because we’re still young, ambitious and pretty good at what we do. We’d love to meet people who want to be part of and help drive that growth.
Your primary goal is to ensure Impero’s design work continues to be the award-winning work we are infinitely proud of. This means bringing the highest level of technical skills and ownable styles to the table. This means trying new things, learning new skills and breaking norms and inspiring other team members to produce equally great work.
Senior Designers should have initiative. Whether it’s to pick up management responsibilities, suggest new ways to improve workflows or just ensure the team’s wellbeing. Seniors should have good relationships with the rest of their team members, and be able to assimilate jobs down to them. You must also be a team player — sometimes you will need to support the juniors in the day-to-day work… or simply help to get the mail.
You should also be able to comfortably work with other departments, supporting or leading where necessary. You must be a good communicator.
Senior Designers can not only handle client meetings but receive briefs (written and verbal) and understand how their design work fits into the broader picture of the client’s brand communications.
Your goals for year one:
- Be involved in one project to win a big award.
- Be involved in three pitch wins.
- Be design lead on one project, and present it to clients.
- Ensure team members receive 80% positive feedback in their annual 360° reviews.
The type of people we want to meet:
If you live and breath digital and design, we want to meet you. But above all, you must embody our core values and fit within our culture. We want to meet you if you…
- have 6 years minimum agency experience.
- have management experience in developing other team members — and are keen to continue doing so!
- have amazing digital design skills and a thousand unique styles and ideas tucked away.
- have a strong understanding of design trends and how to harness them.
- have good communication and presentation skills in selling your ideas, be it to your team or to clients.
- are able to problem solve and bring solutions to the table.
- are proactive and committed to developing your own knowledge and skills.
- are unafraid to roll up your sleeves and muck in.
- are organised and self-disciplined, with an ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines.
- are driven, motivated and have meticulous attention to detail.
- have a can-do attitude and a bit of the ol’ entrepreneurial spirit.
- are interested in being involved in the growth of the business as a whole.
The perks of working at The Mighty Impero include:
- To be part of something special — this is an exciting growing agency with no board of directors, or shareholders to report to.
- The ability to stamp your mark on an organisation – and not just be a cog in the machine.
- Free snacks, booze and coffee!
- Monthly breakfasts with the whole team.
- Seasonal company parties.
- Annual personal development plan and training budget for your own growth.
- Opportunity to pitch your own projects to our Impero Creative Council for dedicated time and resources to work on projects outside your immediate scope.
- The love of six rotating office dogs.
- A ‘yes work’s important, but let’s not get too serious’ vibe.
- A distinct lack of bureaucracy or politics.
- Ownership over your own projects whilst enjoying an inclusive environment.
- The future opportunity to possibly work in our other offices (Buenos Aires and very soon The World).
- Beer. Wine. Gin. Rum. Chocolate. (Working with our clients has added perks).
If you feel this is the role for you, please get in touch via email with Senior Digital Designer as the subject line.
Don’t forget to include your salary expectations.
NO Agencies please – we already work with loads.
We receive so many wonderful applications that we can’t respond to everyone so thank you in advance for your application.