Designer Jam3Toronto, Ontario, CA
Junior Designer’s Mission:
At Jam3, we believe our client’s business problems are solved by design. Beyond meeting the basic functional needs, great design creates memorable, business-impacting value for our customers. As our new Junior Designer, you will be supporting a Cannes Gold Lion winning creative department with anything from designing assets to editing basic HTML/CSS by hand.
You’ll be part of an international team, comprised of some of the most talented makers, producers, and creative minds in the industry. You are responsible for assisting with the day-to-day development and creation of all design deliverables and presentations for assigned projects for our clients worldwide (including but not limited to Facebook, Google, Spotify, Ford, Coke, Viacom, Fox, Disney). We look forward to meeting with you to discuss this amazing career opportunity.
The Real Opportunity!
- Work on multiple assigned projects at once, time management and the ability to switch rapidly between projects is key as you will be accountable for your own time and deadlines
- Producing further sections from a Lead Designer’s initial design layout
- Communicate concepts to Creative Directors (CDs) and Associate Creative Directors (ACDs) via references, mood boards, sketches before commencing on design. Be prepared to defend decisions and articulate design choices
- Support the design’s functional specifications and interactive design guidelines, such as: animation, grid, UI guides, knowledge of After Effects would be helpful!
- Grow your design, presentation and leadership skills working towards leading your own internal projects
- Assist with front-end build production (slicing, layout, etc.)
- Responsible for designing smaller projects such as basic HTML websites, promotional artwork and logos
- Support CDs in new business by laying out decks using pre-existing pitch designs and designing pitch assets
- Help manage Jam3’s assets library
Be prepared to discuss things like:
- Current web and technology trends and fundamentals in design and web practices that excite you
- Knowledge of creating and designing an interactive experience across multiple digital platforms, such as: desktop, tablet, phones
Jam3 welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.