Designer Laurence King PublishingLondon, England, GB
DESIGNER (GIFT) maternity cover
Responsible to: Editorial Director/Deputy Publisher
Laurence King Publishing is looking for a designer with both print and packaging experience to work on its expanding gift list, which includes games, stationery, flip books, sticker books, and all manner of creative, innovative, design-driven products. This is only a maternity cover position for 8 months (tbc) starting in August.
The gift designer will work as part of the gift team on designing and developing games, stationery and other related gift products produced by Laurence King Publishing.
- Takes part in ideas meetings and helps develop new ideas
- Works closely with gift commissioning editors and production manager to produce new prototypes, researching and developing innovative formats and packaging for gifts
- Designs gifts (about 15 gifts per year)
- Designs or advises on the design of advance sales and marketing materials for gifts
- Attends gift design and Magma (and other similar) meetings and advises on design development when other designers are involved
- Advises on the choice of artists, designers and illustrators and helps source new talent
- Communicates with the Creative Director in terms of the general look and feel of the gift list
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Period of maternity cover: 8 months (tbc) starting in August