Designer Majestic WineWatford, England, GB
6 month contract
Want to be part of an exciting product development project for Britain’s biggest specialist wine retailer? Read on.
It’s an enormous task and a golden opportunity to build a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders. The work has already started and even more exciting plans are afoot for Majestic.
What does that mean for packaging design? Majestic is keen to expand our range of own-label and tertiary products. We’ve already launched our Definition range of the world’s greatest wine styles, and our Jean Jullien-illustrated Majestic Loves… range of entry level wines. We want to increasing our in-house skills and create our own packaging, labelling and wine brands from scratch. For the next six months, we want to work fast to launch new many new Majestic wines, from initial concept sketches real bottles on our tasting counters across 200+ UK stores.
Want to be part of it? To make it happen, you’ll need to:
- Be amazing at packaging design. Thinking visually comes naturally to you. You’ll passionately help us create product brands that work across ecommerce, in-store and marketing to inspire our customers and colleagues.
- And you’ll be constantly looking at how to keep improving and make it even better.
- Be part of our team. We want you to soak up the excitement and passion behind our new wines.
- Working collaboratively, you’ll be a key part of it, delivering exceptional creative work, thriving under pressure and delivering to time and budget.
- Create wine packaging that impact the business. You are a designer who can create beauty that works.
- You will be delivering design with a purpose. Design that comes to fruition in a creative, collaborative test and learn environment, free from account management constraints, working hand in hand with our Buying and Marketing teams. Together you will see what works, and then test and learn again, and again.
What you’re good at and what you’ve already done:
- You’ve been working at mid to senior designer level, either in house or for an agency
- You’ve worked with retail and packaging, and had experience developing new product brands
- You have strong typographic and design skills
- You’ve got heaps of experience in packaging production, from detailed artwork to sourcing paper stock, from big creative idea to tiny T&Cs
- You are pretty handy in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- You take deadlines and working under pressure in your stride, and are comfortable working across a range of formats, styles and price points
- And of course, a love and knowledge of wine is a bonus
What we value:
- Unwavering loyalty and openness. People who tell it like it is.
- People who command respect, not demand it. By being credible, unflappable and dignified under pressure, proactive, mature and fiercely self-driven.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. Put simply, people who make things happen.
- Building ideas together. People who find a blank piece of paper exciting and want to rapidly fill it through careful testing, learning and collaboration.
- Being able to think and do for yourself.
- New, bold, daring and creative approaches.
- People who love and crave working relentlessly hard, and who do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination.
What you’ll get:
- Salary: DoE, but generous.
- 28 days holiday, contributory pension, profit related bonus, staff discount, and a big kitchen stocked to fuel you throughout the day.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for a six month contract working in-house at Majestic Wine.
To apply send your CV and portfolio by e-mail, including a covering note confirming your eligibility to work in the UK, and tell us about the single piece of work you’re most proud of in your career.