Designer MasabiLondon, England, GB
At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys. We are a SaaS company, who develop software and apps that allow customers to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones, meaning no more waiting in line at ticket vending machines or needing to carry cash. Our apps are deployed in cities around the globe, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, The Hague, Los Angeles and many more. We are just over 100 people at offices in London, New York and Boston, with other satellite offices around the globe.
The Design Team
The Design Team are integral to the development of products at Masabi, whether that’s designing on trend pixel perfect interfaces for our latest mobile app, or defining the experience of scanning your barcode at a ticket gate. We’re passionate about quality, open to exploring new ideas, and pragmatic about delivering the most effective outcomes. We work closely with the development teams to turn ideas and concepts into reality in an agile environment.
Working on our Justride platform, you will be designing seamless interactions and beautiful interface designs that will make life easier for millions of transport users across the globe. You will have the opportunity to help define and shape the look and feel of the entire Justride product: from concept and prototyping to delivering the finished article. You’ll work in a talented, multi-disciplinary team of product, engineering, and UX to ensure we’re meeting our own high standards and delivering meaningful value for our users.
We’re looking for a mid level Product/UI Designer who can…
- Create beautiful, evocative UI design, seamless interactions, illustrations and iconography for the Justride product suite.
- Contribute to the evolution and maintenance of our brand assets and style guidelines.
- Work closely with developers across multiple in-house teams to ensure that all of the company’s deliverables are at the highest possible quality.
- Proactively pitch new ideas for how we can better the look and feel of our product range, making sure we’re at the forefront of latest design trends.
- Work alongside our product team to define and develop the future of the Justride product suite.
You will have the following…
- A strong portfolio with examples of UI design, illustration and iconography in products you have delivered to market
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- A passion for mobile UI and interaction design with an awareness of the latest industry trends and mobile UI patterns
- A proven track record of using current best practices to inform design decisions
- Experience working alongside product managers and developers in an agile environment to deliver products to market
- Excitement for joining a fast paced environment full of people that like to celebrate success regularly
- Competitive salary package
- Bright spacious office in quiet area in Old Street with floor to ceiling windows and garden
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, with regular free lunches
- Flexible working hours and up to 30 days holiday per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular social gatherings with monthly allowance for each employee
- Onsite Pilates/Yoga classes
- Biannual company events (most recent include Lazer Quest, Escape the Room, Dodge Ball, Go-Karting etc.)
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world
At Masabi, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.