Designer MusixmatchBologna, Emilia-Romagna, IT
[ Senior Product Designer ]
Musixmatch is the leading music metadata company featuring the world’s largest lyrics catalog and +70 mln users as contributors. Musixmatch is the preferred partner of companies like Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Saavn, MTV, Shazam, Vevo and has partnership with +4,000 indie music publishers and top music publishers like Sony/ATV, EMI Music Publishing, Universal Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell, Kobalt, BMG Rights and Harry Fox Agency.
We’re looking for someone who lives (and loves) design on web and mobile. Someone who is obsessive and pixel-accurate, but hates to be cookie-cutter. A design monster with a love of typography, an eye for color, a knack for clever design solutions.
You’ll work directly with our Apps Team, amazing engineering team, and our CEO, to have a direct hand in bringing all of Musixmatch’s products a new, clean, intuitive interface. Bottom line, your work will be seen and used by millions of users every day. So you can brag about it. At Musixmatch, Product Designers drive high-quality design of simple and complex features across mobile, web, and emerging platforms. This includes developing thoughtful ideas and enthusiastic opinions about things like usability, design, and technology.
What we’re looking for
- Strong design background, and an obsession with details.
- Good sense of typography, grid layouts, and clean, intuitive interfaces.
- Experience designing web and mobile interfaces.
- Familiarity with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and good old fashioned pen & paper.
- Help shape the design culture at Musixmatch that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services.
- Implement and extend our Design System.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product, Device UI engineering, and Design Systems.
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and rapid prototyping.
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by client engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, Auto Layout, etc).
Big bonus points if you have
- 3-5 years experience in the same or similar role.
- Strong experience with Android and iOS.
- Experience building music (or other streaming) software (video, etc).
- A passion for music.