Designer NakedRedwood City, California, US
If you’ve ever tried to change your body through diet or exercise, you know that just paying attention to your weight can be deceiving, even destructive. Naked Labs wants to fix that. We’ve built the world’s first in-home, consumer-priced body scanner. Derived from our incredibly accurate 3D body scans, we show users a holistic suite of fitness metrics — visual changes, measurements, body fat percentage and weight — so that they literally see progress as it happens.
With Naked, we’ve created a game changing new category for health and wellness. AND we know we’ve just scratched the surface of what can be enabled (clothing fit, physical therapy, sport performance, health research, ergonomic design…) when you can quickly and easily capture someone’s body in 3D: fitness is just the beginning!
Who We’re Looking For:
Naked Labs is seeking a Visual Designer who can translate concepts into visual artifacts that elevate both the user’s experience and the Naked brand. You will work in lock-step with UX and Marketing to craft stories and bring them to life through design, illustration, typography, photography, and perhaps motion graphics or video. You are expected to possess an in-depth knowledge of design principles and process, a well-seasoned and detailed eye, strong creative ideas, and an ability to stay ahead in a fast-paced digital environment. The ideal candidate will be an avid follower of trends and innovations in technology and design, as well as health and wellness.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As our Visual Designer, you will be responsible for defining and driving the visual design used across Naked consumer touch points
- Execute and oversee design projects from conception to delivery
- Participate in product ideation and conceptual development
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including mobile and web layouts, user guidelines, and product packaging
- Design campaigns that enhance the performance of our marketing channels, including blog content, emails, display ads, newsletters, and infographics
- Produce sketches, storyboards, design spec, and prototypes of the above
- 2 – 4 years of industry experience
- BA/BS in graphic design, studio art or a related field
- Demonstrated command of visual design principles, especially around typography, color, iconography, information hierarchy, and responsive design
- Comfort producing illustrations in a range of visual styles
- Experience with lifestyle and product photography
- Facility with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin and industry standard design tools
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and managing clear project handoffs with support for implementation when design is complete
- Fastidious attention to detail and passionate love of craft
Nice to Have (optional):
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Experience conceptualizing, shooting and editing video
- Experience with industrial design for consumer products
Why You Should Join Us:
- You’ll be joining a startup on an incredible journey and will get to help shape a product that people absolutely love
- You’ll receive a competitive salary, equity, benefits, and unlimited vacation time
- You’ll work alongside brilliant people who care deeply about the experiences of others: customers, colleagues, and partners
- You’ll have the autonomy to do the best work of your career, but also the support of peers who are genuinely invested in your growth
- You’ll have the opportunity to use prototyping (drawing, writing, coding, building…) to solve problems and experimentation to make decisions
- You’ll be a part of an ambitious, highly-collaborative crew made up of artists, yogis, cyclists, singers, and cooks… if you like doing stuff and making stuff, you’ll love working with our team!