Designer NorthstarLondon, England, GB
Northstar London are looking for someone who is a great graphic communicator, but also has a desire to find out more about the research industry with the potential to develop global researcher skills.
You must be able to demonstrate an ability to work across a wide range of project types, from print to web to film. From concept to execution, we would expect you to be a master of content visualisation and be able to distil our research findings into a variety of creative outputs. As a global agency, the ability to communicate different cultures and mindsets in a creative and educating way will be necessary. We expect you to be passionate about design and have a strong point of view about your work, but to also be able and confident to know which ideas are important to communicate.
- at least two years or more industry experience
- Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign knowledge are a must
- Video editing skills preferred, preferably Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro
- a strong portfolio and elevated sense of design, colour and typography
- create design solutions for both print and screen, with an understanding of what works best on which formats
- please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of your portfolio
Like anyfull-timee Northstar employee:
- you’re passionate about your craft/area of specialization
- you play nicely with others (Northstar is a very team-oriented culture
- you bring ideas to the table and you’re confident in presenting them
- you like to have fun, but don’t shy away from intellectual/ creative lifting
- can keep several balls in the air at one time
- are fascinated by, enjoy and have a good sense of the world around you
At Northstar, we describe ourselves as a full service global boutique; able to deliver large, multi market studies with the creativity, enthusiasm and attention to detail expected from a smaller agency.
60% of our quantitative & qualitative research projects are international, multi-market studies meaning we conduct projects anywhere from Surbiton to Shenzen.
We do this using a team of dedicated and passionate researchers from varied educational backgrounds who is dedicated to building on their experience to deliver bespoke design for each new project. Unlike other agencies, we don’t offer branded tools as we value that our clients’ needs are individual and we strongly believe that our experience should inform, not dictate future studies.
We also believe that being a good researcher means casting the net a little wider so we are always on the lookout for news, trends and new techniques. We enjoy taking time to inform ourselves on what is taking place here in the UK and around the world. Our clients come back to us over and over because we apply our imagination to their problems. We then allow our people to apply their wisdom and wit to make findings sticky and memorable.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please email Alex Holmes at aholmes(at)northstarhub.com a copy of your CV as well as your portfolio.