Designer Penguin Random HouseNew York City, New York, US
Are you a fan of great design and great books? Are you a highly creative individual who wants to bring innovative designs to book publishing advertisements and promotional materials? Then we have the perfect job for you!
Penguin Random House is seeking a Designer to join the Creative Marketing Services department, supporting the Avery, TarcherPerigee, Portfolio, and Sentinel imprints. Working with a wide variety of nonfiction titles, this is an exciting opportunity to put your creative skills to work on cutting-edge projects and branding initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Conceptualizing and designing print and digital promotional materials for our books, including but not limited to print and digital ads, social media images, emails, website assets, infographics, postcards, bookmarks, advance reader copies, and point-of-purchase displays.
- Working closely with the Art Director to refine designs, incorporate feedback, and route work to internal departments.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with the Marketing team to translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually engaging, and on brand.
- Communicating with production partners, printers, and vendors to source and produce promotional items.
- Constructing physical book mockups and other tactile displays and signage.
- Coordinating with the Advertising Manager to manage and track digital advertising.
Please Apply If You Meet The Following Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience within an agency or in-house
- Prior book publishing experience a plus
- A broad portfolio that demonstrates core skills in identity, typography, photography, and layout.
- A proven ability to proactively share ideas, insights, and thoughtful problem solving
- A sharp eye for detail and strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including video editing (Premiere) and animation (After Effects)
- Genuine interest in new technology, processes, and developments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Knowledge of print processes and production
- Knowledge of HTML and Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your résumé and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at .
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Photography, Developer, Media Publishing, Branding, Creative, Marketing, Technology, Publishing