Designer QantasMascot, New South Wales, AU
Senior Visual Designer
- Challenge yourself to lead the visual design for a moment in the Qantas customer journey across several digital interfaces
- Opportunity to play a senior role in our Design Studio, mentoring and coaching junior designers
- Permanent role based at our Mascot campus
Qantas is synonymous with aviation, but we’ve evolved in ways that may surprise you. We’re taking digital to a whole new level, investing in technology and digital solutions to fly our business forward. When it comes to innovation, we move fast. We never stop researching ways to apply new digital technology that’s right for the business. We’re proud to say we’re part of an innovative culture, but one that’s thoughtfully considered.
We’ve created an environment that empowers our teams to achieve great things. Measuring success is an important part of how we work, keeping us on airport and on a path of continuous improvement. The Senior Visual Designer is responsible for leading user experience, conceptual and visual design, and maintenance of digital related graphics, layouts and user-interfaces. You will be responsible for building advocacy through making complex experiences feel intuitive and simple across responsive web, app, kiosk and in-flight digital interfaces. The Senior Visual Designer evokes emotion through effective commissioning, utilisation and stylisation of digital design assets.
- 5+ years in a design role
- Tertiary design qualification
- Experience working in an Agile environment with both business, marketing, and technical stakeholders
- Experience leading and motivating a team
- Proven experience and comfort with Design Thinking and HCD methodologies
- Experience in design for digital channels including responsive web and app
- Deep understanding of accessibility practices, particularly WCAG 2.0 AA standard
- Ability to understand and focus objectives and deliverables at the technical and creative level with a user-centric approach
- Experience with using, creating and evolving user interface design patterns
- Skills using industry tools such as Sketch, lnVision, and the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Slick UI and Visual design is second nature
- Extensive industry knowledge of current digital design standards and trends
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – get in touch today.