Designer QlikLund, Skåne, SE
Our workplace… our Lund office offers a fast paced, high-energy, innovative, global and team-oriented culture, with a flexible work environment, wellness and sports activities, games room (ping-pong, pool and video games) and more!
Our team… is the Product Design Group, and we are a multi-national team, located in Boston-US, San Francisco-US, Ottawa-CA, Reykjavik-ISL and Lund-SE. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented individuals using people centric design practices to continuously innovate and improve on our data & analytics products and services.
We are now looking for extending the team with an Interaction designer. From time to time we all meet systems and software that by nature are hard to understand and use. This is a very good opportunity for you to help in rescuing the world from yet another of this type of expert software. The key areas you will be focusing on are related to our Enterprise customers. It is a complex and evolving part of our product and requires the passion to learn new things. The users are devoted and great to work with. This is a position for you that want to keep the user in mind at all times while using your interaction design skills to the max.
- Focusing on design for several different systems within the Qlik portfolio. The area for these systems include system management, deployment, developer tools and much more.
- Collaborating with other members in the product design group team to come up with product designs that will apply to the overall development projects
- Create sketches, user flows, storyboards, mockups, information architecture and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas based on concepts and design guidelines for the project
- Rationalizing design decisions to stakeholders and peers
- Communicate your work within the Qlik organisation as it relates to the entire user experience and roadmap
What you bring to the table…
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant program of study, or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in product or interaction design
- Drive – ability to take decisions, create initiatives and getting things done
- User understanding - Ability to understand who the user is, what needs and requirements they have and the natural behaviours they exhibit.
- Conceptual modelling - Creating high-level design solutions and systems based on user understanding together with user flows based on measurable outcomes.
- Ability to create wireframes in Adobe Illustrator and other equivalent tools
- Ability to create interactive UI prototypes using InVision or other tools
- UI design - Design of the user interface components and how they work together
- Communicating design - Creation of design artefacts to share and increase understanding
- Creative – an innovative thinker, with the ability to find creative solutions to the problems our users ask us to solve or in areas where opportunity arises
- Communicative – ability to describe complex problems to others, to listen and involve others in discussions, ability to tailor technical information to different audiences. Includes presentation and writing skills.
- A hands on mentality and the ability to dive in, take decisions and make things
- Experience or interest in data visualization and statistical analysis tools would be highly beneficial
- Teamwork for result in a high pace environment
Our way of giving back… to our communities and to the world is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
A great opportunity… if you are looking to work with smart and talented coworkers who will challenge and support you, in an organization that promotes a collaborative, learning and development environment, then this might be the opportunity for you!