Designer Quite RemarkableToronto, Ontario, CA
About the Company:
Allow us to introduce you to Quite Remarkable (owned and operated by One Planet Ops), a rather special place where client’s wants and needs are met with a sense of wonder and delight. A bureau of experts who have worked with the world’s leading brands to strategise, create and deliver some of the world’s best digital brand, design, marketing, and innovation products. QR is headquartered in London and backed by a Silicon Valley powerhouse, with offices in California, Toronto and Sydney our reach is global.
About the Role:
Quite Remarkable is looking for a UI Designer in our downtown Toronto office to work both independently and in conjunction with other designers, product managers, marketing teams and front-end developers. Quite Remarkable is looking for an explorer who will be able to conceptualize unique design options and solutions that maintain our vision and creative beliefs while crafting and delivering with flair. We are looking for a designer who will be able to evaluate design options, develop and push to find “big ideas” based on a design strategy and a creative brief.
You love to make. You love the details. You're a problem solver to the core. You're passionate about the way design can tell a story and create clarity. You partner closely and effectively with other designers and non-designers alike. You have experience working in a variety of different mediums from digital to print and different scales from a mobile screen to large scale graphics to posters and more. You're always excited about learning a new skill, a new tool, a new trick, or some way to level-up your work or the work of your colleagues.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director and alongside our world-class design team create breakthrough brands that address our clients’ unique opportunities and challenges
- Ability to brainstorm brilliant creative ideas and employ your strategic thinking to recommend strong design solutions
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and design standards
- Independently manage and prioritize workload, balance simultaneous deadlines, while ensuring quality of work is maintained
- Produce and hand-off pixel-perfect assets for emails, digital campaigns, web and product experiences
- Explore ideas through rigorous design iterations and implementation. Streamline complex problems into elegant solutions.
- We aren't looking for a corporate designer but someone who incorporates modern design practices and takes risks
- Experience bringing an idea to fruition and ability to empower your team or agency to do the same.
- Solid understanding of digital media as well as the marketing industry at large. Ability and desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with cross platform design (web, tablet, mobile)
- Ability to create sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes as well as visual design comps
- Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus
- Organized and able to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to lead by example and consistently inspire creative colleagues to create differentiating, pioneering ideas that conceptualize world-class solutions.
- Excellent typographic sensibility and drawing skills
- Mastery of Keynote, Sketch, Photoshop, In-Design & Illustrator (After Effects is a plus)
- An award winning portfolio that reflects projects on which you were the sole or lead designer, as well as projects on which you supported a lead designer