Designer Shine Creative LtdHartley Wintney, Hook, England, GB
Who do we need?
Shine is looking for talented Middle-weight/Senior Designers to bring energy, creativity and fresh ideas to the business, and to our expanding client base. We are considering applications for a middleweight and senior position within our Hampshire studio – which has been established for 18 years, and we also have an exciting opening at our new office in central Exeter for a middleweight designer.
Who are you?
You will need to be imaginative, personable and enthusiastic, with a real passion for inspirational design – coupled with clear communication skills and a genuine desire to produce exceptional results. We will need you to interpret client briefs with an inspired, proactive and positive attitude – and to quickly integrate yourself with our growing team, which is spread across two locations.
You will also need to understand the importance of great customer service, and to wholeheartedly embrace our traditional values in this area. We will need you to be able to work independently, champion new ideas and interpret client briefs with an inspired mind-set, whilst using a good awareness of design processes to be able to question and challenge when necessary.
Alongside this you’ll also be someone who can effectively manage multiple briefs, design all types of marketing materials in line with corporate guidelines, and be able to use a natural creativity to solve problems quickly and innovatively.
You will need to hold at least 4 years agency experience for the middleweight roles, and 6 years for the senior role. The senior designer will also need to be able to drive initiatives – taking responsibility and being fixated on results, while also being enthused at the prospect of working with a team of both experienced and junior creatives.
What will you gain?
In return, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and hone your talents across a unique range of thought-provoking projects. You’ll be working closely with a broad selection of interesting clients – whilst also becoming part of a close and growing team and enjoying a varied and fast-paced workload.
Here’s a little more detail about the day-to-day responsibilities involved in this role:
- Leading projects and directing workflow through team members (senior role only)
- Asking relevant questions which help to both define and broaden briefs
- Hands-on implementation of a diverse range of creative projects
- Production of creative, engaging and original ideas that connect with specified target audiences
- Development and execution of ideas across a varied spectrum of communication channels, ensuring that these are visually consistent and in line with the overall creative direction
- Participation in brainstorming sessions
- Working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the lifespan of a project, to craft inspirational work
Attending client meetings as and when required – dependent on size and complexity of the organisation
- Summary of desired skills, experience and personality type
- 4+ years industry/agency experience for middleweight roles, 6+ years for senior role
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign and Acrobat – complemented by a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software. This will be a huge advantage, particularly if you have PowerPoint skills!
- Good understanding of all delivered channels across print, brand, digital and moving image
- HTML coding experience for email marketing would be advantageous
- Ideally have experience in overseeing and art directing more junior team members
- Excellent time management, with the ability to juggle multiple briefs and deadlines when required
- Excellent communication skills – and presentation skills a definite bonus
- Be good with words and conceptual copy
- Approachable, energetic and friendly with a positive attitude
- Calm and positive under pressure
- Proactive, orderly and self-motivated
- Dedicated and determined
- Not afraid of Jack Russells!
- £salary dependent on experience
Lastly, we will also want to see your portfolio showcasing your creative talents. We need to see work that clearly demonstrates your conceptual design skills, your love of typography and appreciation for copy – and most of all, your unwavering commercial awareness. Please make sure your portfolio tells a story – we want to see concepts through to execution, with detail not only on what you did, but how you got there.
If you’ve read the above and felt a stir of exhilaration, please send your CV with a covering
email us explaining what you feel you can bring to Shine, what makes you brilliant – and why you think you would be the ideal candidate for one of these important roles within our business. Don’t forget your portfolio and CV!