Designer Sky Creative AgencyLondon, England, GB
We are part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries; we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
Sky Creative Agency (https://www.skycreative.uk/) is core to the success of our business. Part of the Sales and Marketing Group it provides an in-house creative service for business areas across the whole of Sky. Our vision is to help the rest of the business showcase the best of Sky and we are looking to develop our agency functions and grow the ambition and scope of our work. With a 350-strong workforce and a 22m P&L, Sky Creative provides a wide range of creative solutions to support Sky’s channels and marketing teams. This is broadly based around branding, design, promotion and campaigns; the creative opportunities are wide-ranging and diverse.
We are looking for a Designer to join our Sports Design team. The last couple of years have represented an incredible period for our team in particular. To great acclaim we have rebranded nine Sky Sports channels and created award-winning title sequences and promos. We have designed and built an incredible virtual reality studio set for our Premier League coverage which we look forward to develop even further. We have provided design support for our award-winning campaign team working on 360 campaigns for Formula 1, Festive Football, Nations League, Autumn Internationals, amongst many others. With Sky holding exclusive rights to the F1 from 2019, more Premier League games than ever before, the Cricket World Cup and a new channel launching in January (Sky Sports Racing) we don’t expect the near future to be any less exciting. Sky Creative Agency is well on its journey to becoming an industry recognized powerhouse and the Sky Sports design team is right at the centre of it!
As a valued member of Sky, you’ll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Designer you will provide a broad range of creative work across all output, comprising fast turnaround design, long term project work as well as collaboration with the wider design team across broadcast and digital platforms. With this in mind you need the ability to multitask and work effectively both on your own and as part of a team.
- Delivering graphics for a wide variety of media, including television, mobile, online and print.
- Liaising closely with production teams to ensure they are clear on project progress.
- Ensuring that your design work conforms to Sky Sports brand values.
- Brainstorming ideas with wider team to respond to creative briefs
- Idea generation and design output execution on flagship shows such as Super Sunday, Monday Night Football, full 360 campaigns for the new F1 season, England Cricket’s most important home Test series’ and the Ryder Cup.
- Understand, analyse and respond to client briefs
- A Strong conceptualist and well-rounded Motion Designer
- Adobe suite and After Effects expertise is essential, an understanding of Cinema4D would be preferable but not necessary.
- Understanding of broadcast industry ideal but experience in broadcast design not essential
- Ability and confidence to liaise with Production on briefs and to take direction from Senior Designers and Design Directors
- Be able to clearly demonstrate skills in the fundamentals of design: composition, typography, colour theory and image making
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Have the ability to work calmly under pressure, as part of a team.
Any questions, please email Ollie Gilmour: ollie.gilmour(at)sky.uk