Designer SpokeSan Francisco, California, US
Spoke’s mission is to empower happy, productive employees through simple, innovative workplace software. We do this through a mixture of thoughtfully designed product experiences and machine learning. We are backed by Accel and Greylock, and have raised $28 million in funding to date. Our office is located in South Park, San Francisco.
As the first dedicated product designer at Spoke, you will be instrumental in helping Spoke identify opportunities to improve our user experience, design solutions, and codify and refine our design system and process. We are seeking someone who brings with them a rich set of experience designing intuitive and accessible software products. The right product designer will meaningfully add to the thoughtfulness and creativity of our product team, and collaborate closely with product, engineering, research and analytics to solve problems from first principles.
- Own design problems end-to-end, from understanding our users, to pushing our thinking with a variety of solutions, to designing the detailed workflows and interfaces that bring those solutions to life.
- Partner closely with the Product team to understand the problems we’re solving, the mental models and needs of our users, and to create solutions that champion the simplicity and intuitiveness of our product experience.
- Manage our design systems for consistency and reusability, from UI and content, to user permissions and bot rules. Own the outcomes of your design work, and proactively advocate for when and how to iterate.
- As a senior member of the design team, we expect you to model and champion design thinking and design principles that are consistent with our vision of creating powerful software through usability and simplicity.
- Build the next phase of Spoke with us, as we grow our capabilities, our interfaces, and our team.
- You are deeply curious about how work happens, and are motivated to use smartly designed software to facilitate more productive and happier work interactions.
- You prefer designing through collaboration and value a diversity of perspectives. You have the maturity and experience to balance critique and feedback with championing your perspective and position.
- You show sound judgment in when to break existing models and innovate, and when to embrace user expectations.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment. You are self-sufficient and self-directed and a collaborative team player. You couple a curious mind with a can-do attitude.
- You have 4-5 years of experience designing software across SaaS, or more complex consumer use cases, and can show us a portfolio of work that speaks to the impact of your designs.
- We’re not fussy about degrees, but want to know what your perspectives on design systems, principles and processes are shaped by. We value the way you think as much as the designs you produce.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Catered lunches every day (dinner is with family!). Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- 401(k) program
- Gym membership of your choosing
- Flexible vacation policy and paid parental leaves
- Commuting benefits including transport allowance or parking in SF
- If there’s something important to you that’s missing, we’ll add it!
We’re building a talented but humble team where everyone has the opportunity to have immediate impact. In addition to improving how companies of all sizes handle their everyday work, you will also help form the cultural foundation of the Spoke team. If this sounds like your kind of challenge, we want to hear from you!