Designer The Bradford ExchangeRichmond, Surrey, London, England, GB
[ Product/Conceptual Designer ]
The Richmond-based office which provides unique gifts and collectibles across a range of product categories and themes. The open-plan work environment is vibrant, challenging, and fast-paced within a creative and collaborative team.
Are you a designer who is proactive and passionate and enjoys expanding your creative abilities and demonstrating your creative flair? Then apply now!
An exciting growth opportunity for the ideal candidate to exercise his/her creative skills crafting digitally realistic images of a wide range of products including: jewellery, apparel, watches, sculptures, clocks and tableware. This is a varied and interesting role that has vast potential for development which will allow you to apply your eye for design across a broad spectrum of themes from well-known global licenses (entertainment, sports teams, personalities) to beloved British favourites like the Royal family, garden birds and vintage aircraft, to name but a few.
The Product/Conceptual Designer will create computer-generated, realistic product images primarily using advanced Photoshop skills alongside Illustrator and In-Design. You will work closely with the development department to realise and visually interpret ideas from brief to completion, resulting in high quality and photo-realistic product renders which capture the customer’s imagination and drive sales.
The candidate will have advanced knowledge of Adobe packages with exceptionally strong Photoshop skills. We’re looking for a hands-on team member who has talent in bundles and demonstrates passion for all things creative with a portfolio to back this up.
The successful candidate must have 2-3 years in-house design experience working on multiple projects and successfully managing his/her personal workload.
- Create high-standard product renders from a supplied brief – using Photoshop, Illustrator, Photography, compositing, and digital painting.
- Work to product developers’ briefs – collaborate to understand the design and apply your creative & technical skills to craft a photo-realistic product.
- Photography – Utilise camera and lighting in an in-house studio to photograph and retouch products for advertising.
- Produce accurate, print ready art files – including decal art, labels, and instructions.
- Inspire creativity and innovation throughout all design work and undertake research as it relates to the design (product, historical, design references).
Proficiencies - MAC based with advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, and experience with InDesign and Photography.
- Advanced Photoshop skills should include, but not be limited to, the use of non-destructive working practices, masks, digital painting and illustration. smart objects, adjustment layers, and the ability to utilise the power of layer styles and layer effects to create a virtual realistic product image.
- 70% of work will be completed in Photoshop.
- At least 1 year experience drawing digitally on a Wacom or equivalent tablet device.
- The ability to visualise and interpret other people’s ideas alongside the ability to be flexible and adapt to change when required.
Requirements – We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Talent and Professionalism: Produce high quality artwork to deadline – from initial mock-up to final design whilst assimilating constructive feedback.
- Enthusiasm: Interest in giftware/collectables and the way people choose and use products.
- Collaborative: Enjoys working closely with a Creative, Design and Marketing teams to drive design solutions.
- Passionate: Eager to learn and adapt existing skills to render photo-realistic products that generate sales,
- Self-starter: Use initiative to run projects and solve problems independently.
- Highly Organised: Excellent organisational skills, ability to remain calm under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Please supply a link to your online portfolio or a pdf including examples of product rendering and 2-D design (e.g. advertising, packaging, web design). Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
Applicants may be sent a preliminary art test before being invited to an on-site interview.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately it may not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those we wish to invite for an interview.