Designer The PlantLondon, England, GB
The Plant is looking for a talented Mid-Weight designer, addicted to creating and implementing beautiful identity systems for interesting clients, to join our studio in London Fields.
We’re committed to making positive change in the world, by working with businesses that challenge perceptions.
We’ve created work for a broad range of clients including Four Seasons Hotels, Jamie Oliver, Tate & Curzon Cinemas.
We provide a wide range of services to our clients, including solutions for broadcast, print, installation, signage, and increasingly online.
We’re a bright, young, ambitious agency that works to a very high standard, but always maintains it’s perspective and sense of fun. We’re very interested in the new; New ideas, new ways of working, new ways of thinking.
We’re looking for a talented and versatile Mid-Weight Designer to work with our small, friendly team. The role will be to work closely with the Creative Director and define key directions for a wide variety of projects. The role requires experience in both design for branding, online and print and would suit an ambitious and energetic designer that wants to work on exciting projects.
Given the very broad range of projects that The Plant works on the successful applicant will need to display a similarly broad range of skills and experience. A degree in Graphic Design is essential, and 5-10 years experience at quality agencies a must.
The designer will need experience with leading projects and working collaboratively with a team of designers, developers and suppliers. This person needs to be a great communicator and be able to express himself/herself clearly both vocally and in the written word. Depending on experience this designer could also be expected to mentor and provide direction for interns and provide support for the Creative Director.
The designer should-
- Be able to work with the team to help to define and articulate our client’s brands and their strategy
- Generate compelling ideas and concepts
- Build and design branding form both a visual and conceptual viewpoint
- Have a strong awareness of the print design process
- Be a strong User interface designer
- Attend internal meetings as required and to provide updates on your area of responsibility upon request.
The ideal person for this job role will have proven experience in:
- Working directly with clients to articulate needs
- Ability to translate needs into a brief
- Ability to deliver well against the brief
Applicants should have demonstrated experience of
- Design for Branding and Print
- Design for Online
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator/indesign
To apply send your PDF portfolio, CV and a few words about why you would be suited to the role to email address.