Designer Thomas.MatthewsLondon, England, GB
This is a great opportunity for a can-do, creative and enthusiastic junior graphic designer who is comfortable working with digital, print and environmental graphic design projects to join the team at Thomas.Matthews.
We are looking for someone who has work experience, either internships, or in practice. This opportunity will have you immediately working as part of our team on creative projects primarily on marketing and communications for one of our strategic clients. Reporting to the Creative Director and supported by the Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for producing creative and workable concepts, design development and artwork for a range of communication design solutions. Media will vary from digital, print and environmental graphics to press and social media campaigns.
This position is for a temporary to permanent full-time contract.
We are looking for a designer who wants to develop skills and experience in communication design and is dedicated to working in a small and strong team.
- A great communicator with fluency in English/Arabic speaking and writing – essential
- Experience of all adobe CC suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, Premier Pro or After Effects and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Graphic Design qualification at degree level with strong design and typographic skills, intellectual rigour and conceptual confidence
- Excellent communication skills and a positive can-do attitude with a desire to learn more and build knowledge and technical design understanding
- Good working knowledge of the process of front-end web design/interface development. Confident designing for web, digital media or moving image
- Good understanding of digital, print and production processes and interest in developing these
- Preferably experience of responsibility for a brief from start to finish, producing creative ideas from concept through to design mockups and artwork to production ready standards
- Great attention to detail, and good time management and organisational skills
- Interest in sustainability and design for values-based organisations
This position is for a temporary to permanent full-time contract and flexible working can be considered.
Salary: £21,000–24,000 dependent on experience
Please submit your portfolio with your CV, either within the same document (max file size 2mb) or as a sharelink.
Thomas.Matthews has been leading the way in sustainable communication design for twenty years. We choose to design for positive impact. This means making the right choices, throughout the design process, for people, place and progress. We believe sustainable and responsible design decisions really can make a difference. Our work involves creativity, collaboration, pragmatism and delight. We are real believers in the power of beauty to create impact, and are committed to using that to make change. We strive to create the most meaningful and impactful communication in the short term and the most responsible and enduring outcomes for the long term.