Designer TodayMelbourne, Victoria, AU
We’re looking for experienced and exceptional Service Designers who have a passion for making the world a better place.
Today is optimistic about the power of design and technology to tackle the complex, interconnected challenges facing our planet right now. We’d like to work with similarly optimistic folk who are as comfortable designing a program of business process research as they are facilitating the co-design of service and product concepts.
We value systems thinking, pragmatic problem solving, gumption and the deep understanding of the role of digital in service transformation. Above all we value curiosity, passion, creativity, empathy and invention.
Today is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Lead and influence trans-disciplinary teams to crack big, complex problems
- Build empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their lived experience and needs
- Find a way through fuzzy, complicated, organisational challenges
- Know how to wrangle insights into action
- Design and facilitate ideation and co-design workshops
- Invent new things
- Be a trusted counsel for our clients
- Challenge our clients to think bigger and to act smaller
- Present work, concepts and new business pitches to senior stakeholders
- Create clever responses to new business opportunities
- Write compelling stories and tell good yarns about the value of a design mindset and approach
- A positive attitude of ‘how might we?’ rather than ‘it won’t work because…’
- Legally able to work in Australia (if you’re on a visa, give us a bit of detail on where you’re at)
- Minimum three years experience in service design practice
- Experience in creative prototyping/making will be well regardedmelb