Designer trivagoMedienhafen, Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, DE
Are you a strong advocate for the best design practices? Do you love learning new skills as well as mentoring others? We’re looking for passionate experience designers who care about innovation through design and technology.
This role requires significant experience and the ability to shape internal and external user engagement, coach other team members, provide design leadership and be comfortable leading internal stakeholders ─ but our flat organizational structure also means you’ll be someone who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy.
If you’re excited by problem solving and delivering innovative solutions that create value for our users, products and services, then apply today!
As Experience Designer in the Marketing Design Team you can look forward to:
- Working on delivery-focused, design-led user engagement helping to grow and expand our digital B2C products and services.
- Evolving user research activities on experience design projects, employing different methods such as moderated interview, user testing and the like.
- Inspiring unique approaches to product design with inclusive workshop techniques and tools and facilitating brainstorms and internal sessions with diverse colleagues including business, user experience and technology professionals.
- Create inspiring design hypotheses and be confident in working with multidisciplinary teams to bring engaging user-centric design to life.
- Create compelling design deliverables and working artifacts with multidisciplinary teams to truly make things happen for our B2C products and services.
- Contribute to the development of design methods, tools, and new and emerging techniques within the growing experience design community at trivago.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A deep experience in all things experience design and in at least three specific areas of design such as user research, service design, digital product design, interface design, visual design or other related design disciplines.
- Create unique products and services as well as relevant solutions to engage users with valuable experiences.
- Consider the moments of engagement as well as touch-points between our users and B2C products and services.
- Use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life.
- Prepare research and testing, map customer journeys, develop service blueprints, design desirable and feasible solutions for complex products and services and make opportunities tangible for multiple audiences.
- You can clearly communicate innovation and design concepts to team members as well as stakeholders using the methods and tools that best illustrate them.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with small teams of trivago Marketing Designers on cross-collaborative projects, providing support for all aspects of experience design methods and tools for less experienced team members.
- Relationship management skills to work with team members and key stakeholders throughout projects, ensuring buy-in for design directions and gaining trust.
- Ability to communicate and define project roles as far as design teams members are concerned, with clear responsibilities and expectations to team members throughout the project and build their confidence in where the project is going.
- Proactively manage trivago stakeholders, manage project scope, risks, and updates to the broader team.
Life at trivago is:
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the driving force behind all decisions and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- Flexibility for all talents to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- A state-of-the-art campus with world-class ergonomics that supports your health and happiness, 30+ sports and a multi-cuisine cafeteria to satisfy your inner foodie.
- To find out more about life at trivago, follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.