Designer trivagoDüsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, DE
Team Lead - Branded Space
Do you want to join a team of entrepreneurs from over 50 different nationalities? To work in an environment powered by passion where no two days are the same?
At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to empower our users to find their ideal hotel 100 times a second, across 55 different locales world-wide and in 33 different languages.
Are you an innovative and pragmatic communication designer, with a proven track record of turning bricks and mortar into an inspiring experience for all those who enter?
Our Design team are searching for a Creative Director to oversee the visual branding of our working spaces, with a big focus on our awesome yet embryonic new campus.
In this role, you will shape the design of our day-to-day environment, reflecting our company culture as one of the most innovative and fastest growing tech-companies in Europe.
If you are driven by the passion to not only meet, but constantly exceed expectations, and you can’t wait to start developing the physical expression of a globally recognized tech company (not only at our new campus, but also our innovation centres in Palma, Leipzig and Amsterdam)…
…Read on, then lets talk!
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of 2-3 multidisciplinary designers (Branded Space, Graphic Design, Branding).
- Provide creative direction in line with our Core Brand guidance, showing confidence and great communication skills to articulate creative decisions.
- Be a driver of an innovative office-environment for one of Europe's most successful tech-companies.
- Showcase our brand through space, and multidimensional communication throughout our new trivago Campus in Düsseldorf.
- Live and breathe our core values, be an ambassador of trivago's culture and guide external partners to execute on it.
- Deliver concepts for an evolution of our work environment.
- Produce the team guidelines and requirements, and creative briefings for external partners.
- Manage project pitches and offers from external partners.
- Run concept and planning workshops with different stakeholders and drive planning and requirements.
- Cover production management with external partners for key projects such as wayfinding system, multimedia installations
- Coordinate and track internally and externally developed design concepts and their production.
- Keep an eye on the evolving requirements of the team and expand and evolve it as needed.
- Seek constant improvements and learnings through giving and soliciting feedback to raise the our bar for quality .
What you'll definitely need:
- 6+ years’ work experience working in relevant positions or projects.
- A Bachelor’s in Architecture, Branding, Design, Stage Design or a similar, role-relevant field.
- To speak native-level German and fluent English (our company language).
- Experience in project managing a multidisciplinary exhibition / office / spatial design;
- An excellent understanding of branding and strong creative direction ability.
- To be a team player with meticuluous self-organization and multi-tasking skills.
- A passion for beautiful and functional spaces, and innovative work environments.
What we'd love you to have:
- Work experience could be from exhibitions, world exhibition pavilions, trade fairs, office environments, co-working space design, orientation systems.
- Work experience at an architecture firm as a lead of similar projects.
- An interest in contemporary Art, with a passion for hybrid (digital/physical) environments.
- A user-oriented mindset.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
As soon as possible.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.