Designer UNStudioAmsterdam, North Holland, NL
Are you interested in shaping the future role of the architect? UNStudio wishes to expand its emerging futures team – a unique opportunity to join a dedicated speculative design unit within an established architecture office.
Our work focuses on researching and developing strategic interventions at the confluence of social, technological and environmental changes, from platforms and spatial plans to installations and strategies, for citizens, cities and clients alike.
If the future is already here but unevenly distributed, how can our spatial skills as designers affect change in different realms? To do this, we have one foot in the world of architecture, one in technology and one in communication. We foster close collaboration with academics, industry experts, technologists and business leaders and most of all, we understand how these worlds inter-relate. We favour action, but we think first.
To continue to expand our scope we are looking for someone with the ability to mediate different worlds. Policy and architecture. Business and culture. Urbanism and technology. Culture and design. We are open to applications from a variety of professional backgrounds with a strong interest in spatialising ideas, who would bring their own unique perspective, vision, and expertise to the team.
You should have:
- masters-level education in architecture, urbanism, interaction design, social sciences, economics or futures studies
- at least two/three years work experience
- a strategic mind and an investigatory and highly curious character, and be well-read in architecture, urbanism, political-economics, technology and related fields
- strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- strong graphic communication skills
- the ability to work both independently and within a team
What we offer:
- the chance to shape a new team within an established practice, and impact the way we define architecture today and tomorrow
- a challenging position in an independent, young and international working environment including
- UNStudio Talks, a series of monthly in-house lectures on the politics and technologies of design
- a remuneration package following the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO)
We strongly encourage you to explore our website and to familiarise yourself with our offices, our HR policy, our clients and our projects.
Closing date: September 30, 2018.
Working for UNStudio?!
- you have the opportunity to work on high profile challenging projects worldwide
- you will be working in the city centre of Amsterdam, one of the world’s most attractive cities
- research is an integrated and valued part of your daily work
- you will have the opportunity to initiate and develop research projects with external companies and institutions
- your experience is highly valued, but your innovative and entrepreneurial attitude is ranked highest
- you work in a young international team that is highly ambitious, collegial and social
- you design through discovery
- you work in a team that is made up of recently graduated architects, experienced senior architects and everything in-between
- you learn on the job
- you get as much creative freedom as you are willing to take
- you find yourself in a responsible position as soon as you are ready
- UNStudio never skips Friday afternoon drinks
- our annual summer and winter events have become legendary