Designer Walt Disney ImagineeringLantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong, Central and Western, HK
Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects; support implementation of design intent as a member of the project design team.
- Develop varied Interior Design project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility or schematic design through the preparation of construction documentation in accordance with established departmental and divisional quality standards.
- Ensure that the interior design intent is achieved by successfully integrating design with allied disciplines , such as architecture, lighting, graphics, structural engineering, and MEP.
- Interface with Operations, Merchandise and F&B teams for inclusion of their requirements into the design.
- Responsible for the design and production of a shop/restaurant or attraction under the direction of a Senior or Principal ID
- Provide design leadership for interior design projects ensuring that project design intent and implementation strategies are completed within established quality standards, schedule and budget.
- May provide technical guidance to one or more interior designers in the production of contract/construction documents, or the specifications of color and materials under the direction of a team leader.
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- May work on one or more assignments simultaneously within ED&E and with DSQ
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.