Designer WonderfulLos Angeles, California, US
We're looking for a passionate, process-oriented Product Designer to join our team. Are you the crème de la crème? Come and play with us.
Wonderful is a community of futurists, designers, and engineers who are passionate about building high-quality, future-forward products. Our environment is highly collaborative and relaxed, and our products are meticulously planned and crafted with care.
We're looking for a passionate, process-oriented Product Designer to join our team. As a member of the product team, you will work directly with founders, clients, and stakeholders to solve big design problems and work with our engineers to architect new, user-centric products and experiences from the ground up. Product designers at Wonderful are expected to be experienced in multiple design disciplines and fluent in the language of how digital products work today - and how they will work tomorrow.
Who you are:
- You're comfortable working on products from brainstorming to implementation
- You have experience working closely with developers, product managers and other designers as well as clients
- You're comfortable presenting your work internally and to stakeholders
- You're able to engage actively with clients and take the lead in design conversations
- You're able to create and execute designs both from a blank slate and within existing work
- You're excited about learning new skills and exploring new interface paradigms
- You love what you do and get excited about the future of products
What you have:
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a meticulous, thoughtful approach and attention to detail
- Experience in creating digital and responsive design for web and mobile
- Deep expertise with Sketch, Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud and experience of documenting your designs
- Ability to collaborate with other designers both internally and from client teams and rapidly adapt to feedback
- Past experience in communicating with clients and a proven history of successful design implementations
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concerns
- Understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and UX best practices
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
This is not a remote position. Wonderful is headquartered in Los Angeles, and our partners value and enjoy a high level of personal contact with our team. As such, you will be expected to work from our office to collaborate in person with the stakeholders and the rest of the team.
Wonderful is a great place for talented designers looking to challenge themselves and refine their skills. Our team is constantly learning, growing, and pushing our limits. We are excited about the problems we solve and the process of solving them, and the inventive nature of our business keeps often keeps us on the bleeding edge of the industry. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Wonderful is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.