Designer Workshop/APD iNew York City, New York, US
Workshop/APD is seeking a senior architectural designer to join its studio in New York.
Workshop/APD is a collaborative group of creative problem solvers. We specialise in luxury single-family home design, hospitality, and high-end commercial development from Aspen to Nantucket, Chicago to the Bahamas, and New York to London. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions. Our environment fosters creativity and embraces technological advances in products, fabrication, and materials.
We are currently seeking a full-time senior architectural designer with five to eight years’ experience. This position will develop and execute architectural and interior design through all phases of residential projects. The candidate will report to the team leadership, and mentor intermediate and junior designers.
Candidates should have high-level modelling and rendering skills and must know Revit. The ideal candidate will have thorough architectural training. Although they do not need to be a licensed architect, registration is preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
- designing luxury single-family residential projects
- understanding client’s needs and the needs of the people using the building, developing design concepts in consultation with the client and establishing final briefs
- developing and managing all phases of the design/documentation process
- producing, and at times leading client presentations
- developing, modelling and rendering design concepts
- mentor and train junior project team members
- professional degree (B.Arch or M.Arch)
- minimum of five years’ high-end architectural design experience (should be able to demonstrate finished/built work)
- proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and all Adobe programs
- 3D modelling and renderings skills in 3ds Max preferable
- talented, self-motivated designer with the ability to work with a team
Workshop/APD offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, matched 401(k) plan with employer contribution, short/long term disability, IDP/AXP mentoring, ARE education reimbursement program, discretionary performance bonuses, and personal time off (vacation, sick leave and holidays). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and work samples/portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please, no phone calls and/or office visits.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States