Designer ZendeskDublin, Leinster, IE
Product Design Lead
If you are a passionate designer interested in helping us visualize the future of the Zendesk Talk product, we would love to hear from you.
You will be an integral part of the product design team in Dublin working closely with product managers and engineers to optimise, grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation.
At Zendesk, the design culture starts with our three Danish co-founders and flows outward into every aspect of the organization. From the Scandinavian aesthetic of our workspace, to the way we gather, work and create - design is an integral part of everyday life at Zendesk. As a Product Design team we believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
What we’re looking for:
- A Design Lead with a demonstrated track record of managing the design process, communicating with stakeholders and understanding the customer voice.
- You collaborate with the team, inspire through conversation and design with the user in mind.
- You’re curious about emerging tools and technologies but you’ve also mastered your own workflow and know when to gather the appropriate inputs.
- You know how to build trust with colleagues and can use radical candor when it’s needed.
- You possess a portfolio that demonstrates excellence in visual design as well a capacity to solve user experience challenges with simple, empathetic and honest solutions.
- You will be an important part of our global creative team which spans the disciplines of product design, user research, brand and storytelling.
What you get to do everyday:
Act as a conduit between the Product, Design and engineering teams to solve complex interaction problems, humanize product ideas and develop these ideas into elegant application design
Build relationships with Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation and user validation.
Produce and facilitate design thinking sessions.
Identify, track and build models around product metrics
Design interaction models, wireframes and mockups that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our products
Analyze tasks, model information, navigation and flows using UX best practices for web and mobile
Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycleIdeate with all levels of Zendesk to create products that make happier support professionals
What you bring to the role:
- BFA or similar and a minimum of 4+ years of increasing responsibility in product design within a high paced, agile software-as-a-service environments, preferably in the B2B space; including daily interactions with Product Managers and Engineers.
- Proven expertise turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Leadership skills and experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Capable of communicating and prototyping interactions rapidly at all levels of resolution
- Deep knowledge of modern web UI patterns
- Propensity for experimentation
- A portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design deliver
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientati