Designer ZumperSan Francisco, California, US
Zumper is making renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. To do it we’ve assembled an amazing team and a group of top-tier investors, having raised a little over $90 million to date. We’re searching for bright, passionate, hard-working people to help us build extraordinary products and revolutionize an industry, building on our base of over 50 million annual users across our two brands Zumper & PadMapper.
We're looking for a talented Lead Designer to be a founding member of our Design Team and help us make moving easier. Zumper is a design-led company that believes in the power of our product to bring simplicity to renting. Both our brands (Zumper and PadMapper) are undergoing major transformations this year and you'll have a key role in shaping those evolutions. You’ll work on digital products, printed materials, physical goods, event design and a ton of other things we haven’t imagined yet.
What Makes a Good Match
- You're a generalist who can do it all. We look for talented individuals regardless of title, and a proficiency in UI, UX, and product design is a huge strength.
- You have experience shipping products and know what it takes to get something from idea to reality. You can handle input, ideas, and feedback from lots of different teams and deliver designs that achieve objectives for everyone.
- You have experience creating or evolving powerful brand narratives.
- You have excellent attention for detail; it borders on obsession. You have a portfolio you're proud of, and you care about small details like alignment down to the very pixel.
- You believe in thoughtful feedback. Designs rarely emerge fully formed. For high quality design, we rely on the process of iteration and constantly pushing each other to do their best work through meaningful and positive feedback.
- You take complicated processes and flows and distill them into simple and beautiful experiences.
- You've worked on multiple platforms and know why something that works for mobile wouldn't work well on a laptop, and the nuances of Android versus iOS design patterns.
- You have an ability to create stunning interfaces and have excellent attention for detail; it borders on obsession. You have a portfolio you're proud of, and you care about small details like alignment down to the very pixel and micro-interactions.
- You check your ego at the door.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: taking research and insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Managing and scaling the design team through multiple phases of growth. Building a world-class design team by hiring the best, managing performance, and mentoring your team.
- Providing feedback to the design team, and receiving feedback on your own work.
- Working with leaders of other functions (e.g. Product, Engineering, Growth, Marketing) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to execute on company strategy.
- Ensuring teams are delivering high-quality product design work that delivers on our business strategy and mission.
- Motion design experience
- Prototyping experience
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS/JS experience
- Design Team activities every quarter.
- HQ team meals 3x a week
- HQ team retreats every quarter
- HQ team sports (soccer, dodgeball, and more)
- HQ team happy hours
- Gym + commuter credits
- Shiny new laptop of your choosing
- Full healthcare, dental, vision benefits
- A beautiful office in downtown San Francisco.
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- A fun bunch of people at Zumper aiming to attract and retain diverse people in our team.
Let's make something amazing together.
We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race