Digital Art Director AesopNew York City, New York, US
Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Digital Art Director to assist in the creation, design and production of digital experiences and product content. This 6 month maternity leave contract position will report to the Head of Digital Creative and Creative Director, and is based in New York.
Sitting within the global creative team, alongside global digital and marketing, you will work to elevate and maintain Aesop’s aesthetic expression across all digital touchpoints. In this position you will be responsible for the creative quality of concepts, experiences and assets produced by the in-house Digital Creative Team, while being hands-on in creative development, art direction and execution of content and assets for Aesop’s product content, seasonal campaigns, social, email and ecommerce experiences.
Mentoring, coaching and managing members of the digital creative team in both the New York office and Melbourne, Australia will also form part of this position. Your collaborative approach, strong communication skills and ability to build stakeholder relationships swiftly will strengthen your success in this position. You will also have the ability to implement strategic thinking across appropriate platforms, while having a strong design aesthetic merged with an acute understanding of digital sensibilities: structure, grids, typography, SEO, copywriting and the occasional limitations of digital development. In addition to overseeing current teams, this role requires you to be a hands-on art director, who is also experienced working on set with photographers, film-makers, retouchers, and editors.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Design/Graphic Design or equivalent;
- 8+ years of experience in digital creative department, ideally in the role of ACD with some leadership experience;
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in digital design: typography, color, usability, layout and production;
- Passion for digital design and innovative technologies.
- Concept, design and implementation including, but not limited to: responsive experiences, ecommerce, email, CRM, social and digital in store experiences, across all touchpoints of the retail ecosystem;
- Strong background in UX and UI design;
- Understanding of HTML/CSS, CMS systems, ecommerce & tech infrastructure capabilities;
- Conceptual, innovative, adventurous, while having an acute eye for detail and desire for quality;
A collaborative and team oriented individual who embraces challenges and is able to build stakeholder relationships;
- Passion for analytics and insights to inspire digital content, services and solutions. Ability to adapt and implement quickly;
- Strong understanding of SEO & SEM principles, and accessibility requirements and standards (WCAG 2.0).
Aesop provides a supportive and stimulating working environment and a commitment to developing our employees at all levels. If you are looking for the opportunity to evolve your career to the next level with a progressive and entrepreneurial Australian business, then apply now with your CV and portfolio.