Digital Art Director Evolving WebMontréal, Quebec, CA
Do you have an ingenious creative approach and voice? Do you want to build a creative team to help you execute your vision? Do you crave projects you care about, where your opinions are valued?
We want to evolve with you! We are looking for someone with 3+ years experience in web and graphic design and a good knowledge of UI principles.
Here’s what we will expect from you on a day to day basis:
- Develop the Evolving Web creative approaches;
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the creative team (internal and freelancers);
- Produce sketches and storyboards to visualize ideas;
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience;
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines;
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members;
- Follow the progression of your projects;
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices.
- 3+ years agency experience in design with some experience with digital art direction;
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
- Hands on experience with web and interfaces design;
- Experience in creating responsive designs;
- Good knowledge of Sketch or Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch and InVision;
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS (but you will not be required to write any code, no worries.)
- Solid understanding of interaction design principles and usability practises;
- Cares about User Experience, Branding, Accessibility, Building design systems;
- Strong communication skills preferably in both French and English. However, if you feel that this position is for you and you are not strong with both languages, go ahead and apply!
What kind of person usually gets along easily with us:
- Open to feedback from team members and clients and use this as an opportunity to grow and learn;
- Organized and able to work on several projects concurrently;
- Creative and curious, you're not afraid of learning new tools or responsibilities;
- Strong team player, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Being a Sketch expert;
- Experience with designing websites for CMS like Drupal or Wordpress;
- Experience with UX processes such as conducting user research and testing or creating user journey maps;
- Strong information architecture and navigation design skills;
- Experience with branding and logo creation;
- Good knowledge in Indesign.
- You will work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- You will be part of a strong open-source community where we participate a lot in different activities such as code contributions, community events, and trainings about web development. One of the owner is a member of the Drupal association Board of Directors – Suzanne Dergacheva!
- You will be encouraged to present at conferences;
- Work with dedicated people in a fun and friendly environment;
- Client facing position;
- International team working in a bilingual environment for Canadian and US clients;
- Build your personal brand! Many of our alumni have become very well known;
- Enjoy Evolving Web company culture, including 5@7 to celebrate our projects or birthdays!
- Grow the team you will manage over the next years (We are hiring for growth!)