Digital Art Director QuickBooksMountain View, California, US
At QuickBooks, world-class design helps power the success of small businesses and self-employed people around the world. Our designers are involved at every step of a project—from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs.
The lion’s share of QuickBooks Self-Employed users don’t come from financial, business, or accounting backgrounds. They are individuals that have the fire and guts to make a venture of their own, with the hopes of making it. That’s where we - and you - come in, designing products for the everyday entrepreneur.
We know it takes vision, passion, and true grit to be a self-employed entrepreneur… and that’s the type of art director we want. If you’re ready to create bold and elegant solutions that power prosperity around the globe, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Drive projects from start to finish, collaborating with Marketing, Brand, Developers, Content and Product teams
- Strategize with Marketing and Product leaders to develop memorable end-to-end experiences that span from top of funnel through in product discovery
- Operates autonomously, providing strategic direction and executing on it
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the brand spirit
- Execute against several work streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based, iconic customer experiences that deliver against hard goals and deadlines
- Deliver detailed design specs and ideal state prototypes for testing concepts and usability
- Conceptualize a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by career expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Assist in the onboarding and mentoring of contract designers
- 8+ years of experience in visual, brand, interaction, product and service design
- History of working with marketing teams and holding the line from a design perspective
- Experience leading design production teams, and knowing when to jump when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, or other relevant field
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Strong project management skills, assertive in getting projects completed
- Expertise in conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goal, get into the work at all levels
- A dazzling online portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability