Digital Art Director WundermanToronto, Ontario, CA
The Digital Art Director is responsible for the conception, design, and execution of fresh, innovative visual materials for client projects that are on-brand and on-strategy.
The Digital Art Director works closely with copywriters and other creative team members to conceptualize and develop integrated solutions for advertising, direct mail, email, web sites and landing pages, online advertising units, video, animations and other marketing channels. The Digital Art Director is responsible for developing, extending and maintaining the design equities of a brand across these channels, and then preparing the final files for printing or technical implementation.
The Digital Art Director must possess keen conceptual and design skills and assist the Senior Art Director in improving the technical and creative performance of staff within his group.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with copywriters and other creative team members to generate breakthrough concepts that meet and exceed the requirements of the creative brief.
- Establish and develop design solutions in accordance with brand equities, project concepts, copy, and technical requirements and specifications.
- Assist other team members in meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Prepare final files for handoff for printing or technical development
- Be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and have strong communications skills
- Stay current on visual design techniques and software tools.
- Promote concepts using the latest techniques and technologies to build and expand Wunderman’s reputation as a leader in digital solutions.
- Be attun ed to and knowledgeable of digital, societal and cultural trends
- Degree in graphic design, visual communications or a related field
- Highly creative, conceptual thinker
- 4-5 years professional advertising, interactive or multimedia experience
- Excellent design and typography skills
- Proficiency in major design and page layout software programs (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, InVision)
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, Flash, CSS and other common technologies
- Ability to help direct Junior Art Directors designers and Production Partners
- Understanding of information design and usability principles, ability to interpret IA documents
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to juggle assignments and work maintain highly organized, detail oriented work while working within deadlines
- Ability to learn new technologies and embrace evolving "best practices."
- In-depth knowledge of internet design best practices.
- Have an interest in social and cultural trends and stay up to speed on emerging digital technologies
- Strong portfolio showing a range of styles and relevant experience