Digital Designer AwayNew York City, New York, US
We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come.
We're looking for an imaginative and inquisitive digital designer to join our team. The role would be equal parts visual design and UX design, ideal for a person who can balance form and function throughout the entire digital experience. You would help the team establish a digital design system that will visually define the brand while scaling with our rapid growth. You’d be a key part of bringing this system to life in a team of passionate creatives changing the way we travel.
This position will report directly to our Head of UX Design and work from our headquarters in NoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Establish essential building blocks of the digital design system that will form Away's digital experience for years to come.
- Concept and design interactive (and ideally award-winning) landing pages for new product launches.
- Collaborate with full Creative team to ensure digital components align with overall campaign concept
- Work closely with Web Development team on all feature and design considerations
- Design emails for seasonal campaigns and retention marketing.
- Glean insights from analytics and form new design solutions from your findings.
- Concept and pitch new digital projects to key stakeholders outside the Creative team.
- Day-to-day projects like sitemaps, wireframes, low-fi mockups, production-ready comps, and design specs for our Developers.
What we'd love to see from you:
- 3-5 years of experience designing e-commerce experiences, ideally for startups or agencies.
- The energy and drive to deliver the best design in the industry and an adaptability to a range of time and budget constraints.
- A willingness to push the boundaries. We’re not interested in the status quo.
- A portfolio of digital projects that have elevated a brand’s digital experience.
- Competence in Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign. Bonus points for Invision and Sketch.
- A desire to travel and understand why others do too.