Digital Designer CatchWellington, NZ
We're on the hunt for another Senior Digital (UX/UI) Designer to join our team at Catch.
Who's Catch? Most call us a digital agency, but let's face it, if you tell your folks you work at a 'digital agency', their eyes will glaze over. If it's easier, you could tell them what we don’t do: we don’t perform brain surgery, build foiling boats, upholster antique furniture, repair wind instruments, design vegan yoghurt containers or edit television commercials.
We're a proud team of award-winning writers, strategists, designers, producers and technologists who share a passion for telling stories and connecting people with people, in meaningful ways. We help our clients engage with people, enhance that engagement and enable them to get on with their lives.
The Senior Digital Designer is a true champion of human centered design and they're responsible for working with our clients to create intuitive, beautiful and engaging experiences that actually matter and make a difference in people's lives.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY...
You'll be working across a range of projects for our clients such as 2degrees, Fonterra, Mercury, The Warehouse Group, NZ Olympic Committee, Toi Ohomai & Wellington Rugby doing the following:
- Immersing yourself within our clients' teams, understanding their challenges and opportunities, as well as their product and service offerings
- Planing, designing and leading creative workshops with clients
- Creating interactive prototypes to help present, test, and communicate the magic of an idea
- Working with our team to brainstorm, create and present simple, beautiful and world-class web and mobile designs
- Designing, improving and expanding full digital design frameworks and pattern libraries for some of NZ's most exciting brands
- Constantly looking to improve and excel in your craft, keeping up-to-date with new technology, trends and UX/CX design thinking
- 4+ years working in the digital design industry with a portfolio you're proud of to back it up
- Proven experience and understanding of human centered design principles
- Proven experience in designing websites and mobile apps from lo-fi through to finished product
- Proven experience in researching, designing and launching products that have delighted customers and exceeded client expectations
- Stresses the detail, is task driven and will go that extra mile
- Keeps calm in stressful situations in a fast-paced environment
- Is an expert communicator and has stellar analytical skills
- Knows what types of experiences are made possible by current technologies
- We pay our staff what they're worth. We offer the chance to work in a supportive and family environment, with great perks and salary packages typically above market rates
- Our office is in central Wellington, just off Cuba Street – the heart of Wellington's cafe and bar culture
- A lot of our team have young families, so we are always striving to work reasonable hours. A big part of your job is helping us meet our deadlines and get out of the office by 5:30pm
- We want you to rest and make time for yourself. You’ll get your birthday off as well as five weeks holiday every year
- We choose our clients carefully. You’ll help solve interesting problems for good people doing worthwhile things. If things get hairy, we’ll have your back.
No recruiters please.
Applicants for this position should be living in NZ and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To apply, please provide us with an up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant work experience, a recent portfolio of your work, at least two relevant references we can contact, your expectations on salary, and a cover letter introducing yourself.