Digital Designer J.Crew Group, Inc.New York City, New York, US
[ Senior Digital Designer ]
J.Crew seeks a super-creative highly motivated Senior Designer who can enhance design for J.Crew’s digital channels - encompassing website, email, social and off-site marketing. The candidate should be a fountain of ideas and possess the skill set to transform the best ideas into wireframes and visual assets for a strong, succinct brand and customer experience. The candidate will have a strong rolodex of inspiration in the digital field. The candidate will join a team if Art Directors, Web developers, Designers, Content strategists and Writers of Brand Creative. You should be able to demonstrate, with a proven track record of taking projects from creative concept to final delivery. A team player is a must with the ability to multitask and pre-plan projects whilst concluding others.
What you’ll be doing:
- PRODUCE a wide range of innovative, user-focused solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great experience whist conforming to style guidelines. Generating on-brand, engaging shop-able content for the J.Crew website and its omni-channel touchpoints.
- Take OWNERSHIP on projects including editorial features, responsive style arrays, emails, affiliates and site enhancements.
- COMMUNICATE all necessary information effectively with relevant members of the team throughout the production process.
- USE sophisticated and charming typography with an understanding of its relevance.
- Be AWARE of trends and new ideas within fashion and business and social, and be able to interpret those into fantastic creative.
- ADAPT to and meet stringent deadlines, quickly managing changing priorities.
- ENHANCE user interfaces in collaboration with Art Directors and front-end developers. Bring content to life with unique, user friendly approaches.
- ENSURE that work is produced to a high quality, with a consistent clear design, adhering to the J.Crew brand aesthetic. Maintaining and elevating brand positioning with quality design standards.
- DEVELOP technical skills and stay abreast of software changes and developments in web technology.
- SUPPORT the Sn.Digital Art Director, design colleagues and wider brand creative team.
- INFLUENCE and guide a team Designers and Juniors.
- EXECUTE and or guide still life photoshoots.
- 5+ years’ experience in a high volume, deadline-driven environment: fashion and technology industry experience.
- Proven depth of experience in design/digital represented by a portfolio of work.
- Strong command of typography, layout, form and color.
- Great proficiency in Photoshop, Indesign, Adobe CC, Responsive web design.
- Firm understanding of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and image optimization techniques. Knowledge of web technology’s restrictions and opportunities.
- Pro-active, ideas driven with bundles of initiative and follow through.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills, deadline driven.
- Can do disposition.