Digital Designer The Martin AgencyRichmond, Virginia, US
At The Martin Agency, Digital Designers play an integral part in the creative process, including the ideation, conception and design of groundbreaking device-agnostic platforms. We're looking for collaborative, passionate designers to work on everything from large websites and applications to banner ads (and everything in between).Designers on our digital team are constantly looking for new ways to push themselves and learn new approaches as the industry evolves. The right candidate will be excited about creating pixel-perfect, clean and inviting experiences in addition to helping contribute to the growth of a team of like-minded designers and developers.
- Bring unique creative solutions to the table, and consider the micro and macro implications of recommendations.
- Proficiency with industry-leading design tools such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), Sketch and prototyping tools such as Principle and InVision.
- Always have strong reasoning when making design decisions.
- Comfort with being involved in the conceptual process. Designers are expected to not just flawlessly execute teammates’ ideas but also be a part of the initial creative process.
- Have a decent understanding of the digital metrics involved and apply those when appropriate to the projects.
- Have a decent understanding of the creative agency workflow and be able to work effectively with multi-discipline teams.
- Work on developing strong trust and relationships among creative leadership at The Martin Agency
- Solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
- Experience with motion design and interaction design is a plus.
- Work with creative team, experience design, ux strategy and tech lead in creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences
- Translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces
- Create user interface designs, storyboards and style guides (define interface elements and work with developer to create pattern library)
- Work closely with creative teams and developers to ensure the solidity of design systems.
- Incorporate customer insights and user-centric design principles throughout the creative process
The ideal candidate.
- 3-6 years experience in related field
- A bachelor or masters degree in a related field or completion of a formal design program at an accredited university is preferred.
- Expert in Photoshop and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative work environment
- Proven experience designing common digital executions such as online ads, responsive and adaptive websites and mobile applications required; Portfolio link required
- An understanding of emerging platforms and a passion for keeping up with new technologies and industry trends
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS and an understanding of what’s possible with newer technologies such as WebGL a plus
- An understanding of designing for different regions/markets is a plus
- Experience with video editing or 3D animation software is a plus (After Effects, Cinema4D, etc)
How to apply
Reach out to Alex Ross (alexandra.rossATmartinagency.com) if you have any questions.