Digital Designer UltimakerGeldermalsen, Gelderland, NL
We’re looking for a talented Interaction designer to continually enhance and ensure consistency across all our software products.
What will you be doing?
As an Interaction/UX Designer in Ultimaker, you are responsible for translating user needs into an intuitive and easy to use software solution which is accessible for first-time user as well as seasoned 3D printing expert. To achieve this goal, it’s paramount to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams consisting of software developers, software testers, UX designers, product owners and product managers. You will be in charge of interaction designs for all new functionalities and play a pivotal role in improving our software products in terms of usability and user experience.
Some of your responsibilities are:
- Translating user needs to functions in our software products
- Evolving and communicating the bigger picture of design, providing at the same time practical improvements
- Being the user advocate on our products with our in-house development teams, whilst inspiring team members
- Providing validated design solution which fulfills users’ needs as well as business goal
- Paying attention to the detail of all software products, raising improvements including visual design, user flow and design language across all platforms
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, multidisciplinary team of designers and product owners.
What challenges are ahead?
- Ultimaker aims to make complicated 3D printing process easy. We need you to transform technical solutions to a format that common people can understand
- We want to deliver the best desktop 3D printer on the market. To achieve that we need to provide useful and delightful yet innovative software products that no other competitors thought of
- We want to offer our customers a fully integrated 3D printing experience with one uniform brand
What have we worked on recently?
- We have just released a brand new printer with dual extrusion
- We have just released a brand new version of our 3D slicing software (Cura) with a ton of new features
- We have just released new sets of print cores which greatly speed up the printing process
- We have just release flexible materials
Do you fit this profile?
- Master’s degree in Industrial Design (Human Computer Interaction) or Art Academy with courses in interaction design with relevant working experience
- 3+ years of experience in interface design (web, desktop or mobile)
- Ability to articulate the rationale behind your design to non-designers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English). A straightforward/effective communication style is desired.
- Prototyping skills to communicate every detail of your design delivery.
- Open to others’ ideas and not afraid of being challenged
- You understand design is a team effort
- Initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve our product portfolio
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- Strong eye for detail
Definitely a plus
- Affinity with hardware products and embedded systems
- Having a passion for all things design related and staying on top of new developments
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- A cutting-edge Lenovo laptop/ 13-inch Macbook Pro
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetup
More about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market-leader; creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact Maria Verdu by sending your motivation letter and resume (in English) or by phone.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position.