Digital Designer We are TOMMYLondon, England, GB
[ Motion Designer ]
WE ARE TOMMY, ARE YOU?
Are you a passionate and driven digital designer with expert motion design skills? Tommy is seeking a talented digital designer to join its international team of creatives, designers, developers and producers creating high-calibre creative work for some of the world’s biggest entertainment and brand clients.
This role will contribute to motion and video pieces for social content, web experiences, OOH, and digital ad creation, delivering award-winning work for the likes of Amazon, Netflix, Tesco Mobile, William Grant, Paramount, Sony Pictures, and Warner Bros.
Tommy searches out the most talented individuals it can find, but a positive attitude and a passion for seeing great work through as part of the team are qualities on which Tommy won’t compromise. The successful candidate will have a tremendous sense of pride-in-work balanced with an awareness of client and commercial needs. Ambitious, clever and self-aware; a member of the Tommy team is all of these things and more.
A Motion Designer is a vital part of the Tommy family. The Motion Designer must also be able to bring to life a range of rich experiences, from video to social content and custom formats, OOH, games and microsites. Animation skills are key to creating beautifully crafted online experiences with high-quality assets.
Daily, you’ll be expected to do the following:
- Play an active role in projects from concepting, storyboarding, designing and developing to packaging and delivery
- Ensure that motion design is considered as part of the planning and design of every non-static project undertaken at Tommy
- Design motion for sites and interactive experiences under the direction of our senior designers
- Work primarily in After Effects to create engaging, beautiful, emotive, suspenseful or hilarious video sequences as appropriate per project
- Edit video sequences when necessary
- Oversee more junior members of staff in acquiring motion design skills and creating motion design elements in their project work
- Work closely with other team members to improve your design and development skills in line with your individual goals and objectives, as agreed and in concert with Directors
Skills and experience
A Motion Designer must possess a variety of skills around motion and animation disciplines and have advanced experience with digital advertising practices. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experiences.
- Core creative software skills, ie Adobe Creative Cloud Suite skills (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) with expert level After Effects
- Kinetic typography
- Animation ability
- Video editing skills and a strong sense of narrative
- Creative concepting, storyboarding and visual communication skills
- Ability to work in a team to deliver campaigns
- A strong awareness of innovative technologies and a willingness to try things you’ve never tried before
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills (able to work in a fast paced environment with a high level of attention to detail)
- Ability to understand and maintain client’s brand requirements, goals and objectives
- Understanding of commonly used specs for social media including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Expert sound editing skills
- 3D design and animation skills
- Experience with AR technologies
- Illustration talent
- Film advertising experience
- A knowledge of major ad platforms and media specs such as DoubleClick, Sizmek, Flashtalking and Celtra
- Ad building skills (Adobe Edge, Animate CC, Google Web Designer)
Get in touch
If you think you’ve got the skills, talent, and style to be our new Motion Designer, get in touch with us at work(at)thisistommy.com. Send your CV and portfolio along with a cover letter email explaining why you are the best person for the job.
We’re committed to furthering equality and diversity in the creative industry, so we’ll be especially happy to see applications from underrepresented backgrounds.