Digital Designer We Make WebsitesLondon, England, GB
We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for some of the fastest growing brands on the planet. Brands we work with include: Ford, Pepsi Co, Finisterre, Skinnydip, Cluse, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, Nicce, Beavertown Brewery, Press, Emma Bridgewater, Harper Collins, National Portrait Gallery and The Economist.
We’re a team of 40+ designers, developers, solutions architects, e-comm consultants and marketers – spread across our London and New York offices. We’ve doubled in size over the last year and are looking for more bright, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team.
But enough about us – we want to know more about you.
We are looking for a talented and dynamic digital designer to help us design and build beautiful Shopify e-commerce websites for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands. This is a critical part of our production team, responsible for pushing the user experience forward and making key decisions on design through every stage of the process. We’re looking for a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
- You will have an online portfolio or work samples demonstrating a variety of relevant work.
- You will have a solid understanding of web-based and mobile design, as well as broad knowledge of UX principles and techniques.
- You will be be passionate about digital design, typography and delivering beautiful projects.
- You will have an understanding of information architecture, including wireframing, sitemapping and prototyping.
- You are a keen problem solver – you enjoy thinking through complex problems and challenges, you care about solving the right problem through easy to understand and aesthetically appealing designs.
- You will have great communication skills and the ability to effectively explain your design ideas and decisions.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism, as well as work autonomously.
- You will have excellent knowledge of responsive HTML & CSS.
- Proficient in design tools, such as Sketch and Figma.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing professional e-commerce stores for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands.
- Producing wireframes and designs using Sketch and InVision and communicating directly with clients about your ideas.
- Working closely with project/account managers and the development team to understand key requirements and deliver projects that are the best in the industry.
- Seeking and finding ways to enhance the e-commerce experience of our websites – focusing on mobile and responsive design
- Pro-actively pushing the level of quality in both thinking and execution.
- Experience with Shopify or a similar e-commerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience designing e-commerce websites. You will have a good understanding of common e-commerce UX patterns.
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar)
- Although this is not a development role, knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify’s templating language) would be a bonus.
- Salary £28-32k depending on experience.
- 20 days + 8 bank holidays + your birthday off.
- Accrue 1.5 holiday days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.
- We are a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks.
- Monday morning team breakfast and Friday team lunches.
Apply using the button below and take a big step forward in your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No agencies, please