Graphic Designer A-COLD-WALL LimitedLondon, England, GB
Multidisciplinary Graphic Designer – Junior/Middleweight
As a key member of our growing start up interdisciplinary studio based primarily within the contemporary fashion and niche, abstract design industry, you’ll be a branding-focused junior to middleweight designer with demonstrable experience working across multiple media and environments, focusing on graphic development and visual language exploration.
The ideal candidate for this role will also be a strategic thinker capable of applying insights to all design disciplines, further assisting the team in the production of physical and digital experiences with a strong understanding and ability for image making and retouching.
A personal interest in contemporary design culture spanning art, design and fashion is also encouraged.
Being able to work with direction from more senior creative personnel within the studio is a pre-requisite, as is having strong communication skills and the confidence to both present ideas and get involved in all stages of the creative process, from ideation, to production, and implementation.
- Work as part of the communications team on design for a variety of commercial projects as well as internal projects , with a particular strength in graphics and branding and vector artwork.
- Responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the the quality of design throughout all phases of the project.
- Participate in brand brainstorming sessions and mocking up design ideas for client presentations, as well as International brain storming calls and on call problem solving.
- Define and develop creative concepts according to brief requirements and the teams objectives.
- Identify / create “extras” that bring a proposal or presentation to life that can help tell a story in a powerful way.
- Collaborate effectively with directors, writers, developers and fellow designer to take a project from initial idea to final output.
- Present your ideas to other members of the wider design team including local business that we work with for thorough execution and understanding.
- Be the champion and voice of the protected aesthetic at all times.
- Abstract/out of the box thinking.
- Design obsessive, aware of best practice in both fashion, design culture and the advertising industry but driven to advance our understanding of its potential.
- A proven problem solver and believer in the value of an inter-disciplinary design approach.
- Ability to effectively present ideas.
- Responsive to unexpected change and ability to quickly adapt to new parameters.
- Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude.
- A clear grasp of the larger project goal and your role in it.
- An eye on the end user and how they ultimately engage with the studio’s creative output.
- Be able to work and liaise across all departments to produce the best response to creative briefs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and Keynote at minimum
- 1-3 years professional experience.
- A degree related to the field is preferred.
Submit full portfolio in PDF/ url form to – samuel(at)a-cold-wall.com