Graphic Designer Allied LondonLondon, England, GB
Team: Allied London Development Management
Location: London-based with infrequent travel to Manchester.
Hours: full-time (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, company pension, private healthcare option
Team structure and reporting line: the role reports into associate director of marketing and the chief executive.
About Allied London
We are an award-winning UK company focused on a simple single vision – to create inspiring places that dynamically change the ways in which we work and live in Britain. With energy and dedication, we devise, design and deliver landmark mixed-use real estate developments, buildings and concepts in London, Manchester and Leeds. With three offices in three key cities we have a strong, dynamic team with diverse and creative experience in the business of property, finance, design, marketing and the arts.
As part of the Allied London marketing and communications team the graphic designer will lead all aspects of the in-house design function from print through to digital collateral. Working closely with the marketing team the graphic designer will develop creative ideas and deliver designs based on key objectives for the Allied London projects, as well as act as key liaison with external design agencies.
The graphic designer will direct and deliver on marketing and communications materials including brochures and print work, website design and advertising.
Current key projects include: Allied London corporate, St. John’s and London Road Fire Station.
The graphic design role will involve a diverse output or materials and ideas, covering everything from brochures and printed collateral, event collateral, presentations, digital design, layouts, signage, logos and brand development. You will be working across all of Allied London brands, supporting the marketing and design teams to deliver all necessary design work to achieve key objectives.
- overall graphic design lead for Allied London – including corporate and asset projects
- carrying out all in-house design on small and large-scale projects, including the following: creative and concept design – devise and design creative artwork as part of the marketing and communications strategy for a full scope of B2B and B2C audiences. Artworking – creative artwork for print, digital and 3D publications. Brand creation – full scope of brand creation from idea development, research and concept design, through to roll out and implementation across a range of collateral. Producing presentations to be used both internally and externally using InDesign
- development of existing Allied London brand family – including All Plus, All Studios, AW&S, Adept and ALDM
- design agency management/briefing – working with the marketing team to brief and project manage design and branding agencies for all outsourced marketing collateral
- Allied London brand development – lead on the look and feel of all corporate materials from a design perspective and in conjunction with the marketing team. Creating a full set of brand guidelines and style guide
Requirements and skills
- must be eligible to work in the UK
- experience of working for a known brand desirable
- extensive experience in design using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is essential, up to an advanced level
- educated to degree level or equivalent in graphic design or relevant industry experience
- experience of working on large/prominent brands and brand creation. A portfolio that demonstrates a core range of skills in identity, typography and layout
- good working knowledge of print processes and design for print as well as digital design
- excellent attention to detail
- creative and innovative
- a good team player with an efficient work ethic
- excellent time management and the ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks at once
- personable and calm attitude in demanding and pressurised situations
- The ability to efficiently manage a varied workload
- experience of working closely with external design and production agencies
- strong brand awareness and good knowledge of brand building in the marketplace
- good communicator across all levels and be able to converse concisely and confidently with a range of stakeholders
Package and remuneration
- salary dependent on experience and level
- 25 days annual holiday per year (pro rata) including Christmas Shutdown, excl. public and bank holidays
- probation period: six months
After probation period the following employee benefits become available:
- pension scheme
- annual wellbeing allowance
- group income protection scheme
- life assurance policy
- private medical scheme
This job specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any staff member at Allied London to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Allied London. June 2018.