Graphic Designer BedrockDetroit, Michigan, US
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, leasing, financing, and managing commercial and residential space. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested more than $3.5 billion in developing more than 100 properties in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 16 million square feet. Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 330 office and retail tenants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown. For more information, visit www.bedrockdetroit.com or engage with us on Twitter @BedrockDetroit and Facebook.
What You'll Do/Need
The Designer will support the design team, building advertising, social and promotion assets for the creative department.
- Work with the Marketing Team to produce an array of design content across printed and digital platforms including but not limited to branded collateral, advertisements, presentations, social media and display media.
- Primary focus will be on supporting communication of sponsorship and event related material through email design, signage and collateral.
- Work will include photo manipulation, custom illustration, typography and lettering.
- Follow creative direction and art direction responsibly and effectively.
- Work in a group dynamic, and actively participate on any given project or team to which assigned.
- Uphold graphic aesthetic and integrity of original design while producing a high volume of new assets.
- Execute multiple projects at once while meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Maintain a familiarity with design trends across a number of platforms including print, social media, email, digital and other web-based media.
- Receive art direction and design feedback fluidly and without trepidation…
- …But be able to speak up and voice your opinion on style and aesthetic, while defending your design decisions.
- 2-3 years of design experience, preferably some within an agency atmosphere.
- A solid foundation of color, space, typography, and the formal design process.
- Highly proficient in of Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Thurough understanding of HTML email design via email client such as MailChimp.
- Skill with Keynote, and Powerpoint is greatly appreciated.
- Ability to draw traditionally for the purpose of storyboards is a plus.
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Ability to work with serious attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and handle multiple projects at once while maintaining organization - being self-sufficient will be integral.
- Open and receptive to creative direction and design feedback.
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Meet the anti-corporate culture of Bedrock, where there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard, you're the one who'll reap the rewards, both personally and professionally. More than any other place you'll work, we’re dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you’re at it.
Bedrock is an equal opportunity employer.