Graphic Designer BurberryLondon, England, GB
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Burberry requires a highly experienced, skilled and enthusiastic graphic designer with a keen interest in the field of print and packaging media.
The designer will work across a broad and varied remit including bespoke packaging and product briefs, event and experience design, Burberry beauty brand collateral and creating technical artworks and guidelines for global campaigns where creativity and quality are key.
The designer will work from researching concepts through to design and technical detailing for internal review as well as overseeing external production.
Reporting into the Senior Graphic Designer, this role will require a close working relationship with both the Creative Media Department’s Beauty and Beauty teams to interpret and implement both the Burberry and Burberry Beauty design vision.
- Working as part of the Beauty team with research and development of creative briefs.
- Partner with parallel teams in-house for project input from graphics, digital and Art Direction and Architecture.
- Liaising directly with graphic designers and art directors.
- Making informed technical recommendations to designers and art directors.
- Creating extensive guideline documents for advertising campaigns and wider projects.
- Being involved in the communication of guideline documents to third party agencies.
- Liaising with print management companies and printers.
- Passing print job on press.
- Research and develop across multiple projects, creating bodies of work for internal and external approvals and creative discussion.
- Be well informed, aware of current fashion and trends and bring fresh ideas.
- Be self-motivated and highly organised to deliver consistently against agreed deadlines.
- Regular presentation and pitching of creative concepts.
- Show a positive and can-do attitude, ability to collaborate and work with others in a constructive way.
- Strong eye for detail, perfectionist attitude.
- Dedication and ability to work under pressure and not phased by tight deadlines.
- An extensive knowledge of all Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator.
- Extensive understanding and experience of print and packaging processes.
- Key understanding of details and materiality.
- A developed understanding of colour processes.
- Consideration for others and willingness to grow within team.
- Communication and teamwork will be of huge importance for this role.
- Organised and clear communicator.
- Problem solving mentality.