Graphic Designer C40London, England, GB
C40’s Communications and Events Team is responsible for strategically positioning C40 as one of the world’s most impactful climate organisations and ensuring that mayors of C40 cities are recognised as global climate leaders.
Our global communications campaigns and iconic events encourage even greater collaboration between mayors, city officials, international institutions, scientists, climate experts and CEOs. This drives ambition and helps political and business leaders to step up their climate action to the level needed to keep global temperature rise to within the boundaries that scientists agree is safe.
The Graphic Design Coordinator will work closely with the Head of Creative Content and will be an integral member of the Communications and Events Team, particularly in the lead up the 2019 C40 Mayors Summit in Copenhagen. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the design and development of a variety of print and digital assets for C40 and will bring highly creative and innovative ideas to reach and engage different audiences.
- Under the direction of C40’s Head of Creative Content, develop, plan, and execute the graphic identity and design of a variety of communications campaigns and initiatives.
- Design and edit a variety of materials, including graphics, animated gifs, infographics, videos, advertising campaigns, layouts for reports, and presentations, and signage and branded materials for our global events.
- Work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders on various projects, campaigns, events and reports.
- Coordinate with the team of freelancers working with C40.
- Convey complex information in a clear, concise and engaging way.
- Ensure work closely adheres to C40’s brand guidelines and high editorial standards.
- Be proactive and resourceful – take creative direction, think critically and ask questions as necessary.
- Assist in managing and maintaining a robust photo bank, including stock photo subscription.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as required, including filling out procurement and vendor forms.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in graphic or multimedia design, plus track record of progressively responsible work experience.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; experience using After Effects preferred.
- Strong understanding of current trends in graphic design and digital communications.
- Knowledge of designing for a variety of mediums, including web and digital.
- Interest in creating innovative and never-seen before content.
- Ability to take ownership and follow through on tasks independently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
- Ability to work effectively across different cultures, languages and time zones.
- Strong command of English – written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Working proficiency in other languages (French, Spanish or Chinese) would be appreciated.
Annual Salary: £ 34,136
Term: Fixed Term Contract – until May 2020
In your application, please include an example of your creative work, or a link to your design portfolio.
Applicants must already have the right to work in the UK. Some travel may be required as part of the role.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter to careers(at)c40.org. Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
To learn more about the work of C40 and our cities, please visit www.c40.org, follow us on Twitter @c40cities and like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/C40Cities.
C40 is an equal opportunities employer.